Posted On: 2019-07-04
Closing On: 2019-08-04
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts (Permanent Position)
Are you a front line fundraiser who enjoys meeting with donors and prospects? Do you have previous healthcare experience and looking to bring fresh and innovative ideas to our organization? If yes, this might be the right position for you. St. Joseph's Healthcare Foundation is recruiting a strategic and results-driven fundraising professional who is passionate about healthcare philanthropy. The successful candidate will join a growing development department as the Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts.
About St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton:
As a premier academic and research healthcare organization, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is committed to making a difference in people’s lives and creating a lasting future for our community through integrated health services and internationally recognized programs. Our threefold mission is to provide dynamic research, revolutionary methods in health sciences education, and the highest standard of clinical care in a spirit of compassion, innovation and commitment.
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation works with the community to secure donations that help our Hospital to purchase life-saving equipment, to fund healthcare research and facility renewal, and to comfort and care for the patients we’ve been honoured to serve since 1890.
Reporting to the Manager, Major Gifts, the Senior Development Officer has an important role in the fundraising success of the development department by fostering strong relationships with friends and donors, and generates philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations. The Senior Development Officer will also have the opportunity to oversee and help to execute the fundraising strategies for various hospital priorities.
In collaboration with the Major Gifts team, the Senior Development Officer will:
- Manage a personal portfolio of 50-75 donors and prospects, and conduct one-on-one visits with donors and prospects on a monthly basis to secure major gifts (contributions of $25,000+).
- Use strategic moves management to implement comprehensive, individual plans for identifying, assessing, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations to meet fundraising goals.
- Work with the President & CEO, Vice-President, Development, and selected volunteers in moving top prospects through the donor cycle. This could involve the preparation of strategies, briefing notes and proposals.
- Work collaboratively and strategically with all members of the Foundation staff, fundraising volunteers, physicians and other Hospital personnel to achieve goals.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the redevelopment, research, educational, clinical and financial needs and goals for approved Hospital fundraising projects.
- Assist in other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Major Gifts team and the Foundation.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education i.e. University degree or college diploma.
- 3-5+ years of progressive fundraising experience in securing major gifts.
- Proven record of developing and implementing successful strategies for major gift solicitations, as well as success in personally securing and closing major gifts.
- Excellent writing skills and experience in creating and presenting compelling proposals to donors.
- Strong communicator, including interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while managing competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently, as well as a team player.
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com with the heading: Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Please note that resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.