Posted On: 2019-07-04
Closing On: 2019-07-23
Location: London, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
Alumni Relations & Development plays a leading role in strengthening awareness of and support for the University’s mission and goals. The department seeks to build enduring alumni and public trust through understanding and support for Western University through a coordinated campus-wide effort. An integral part of the team, Annual, Leadership & Legacy Giving has responsibility for designing, implementing and reporting on fundraising activities directed to alumni, parents and friends in support of university-wide projects and initiatives.
A revenue generating position, the Director, Integrated Annual Giving Programs is responsible for leading the planning, implementation and evaluation of strategies which leverage the use of broad-based and unit-specific annual giving appeals and digital outreach in order to increase charitable revenues from alumni, parents and friends. The incumbent will provide strategic guidance and consultation to direct the creation of relevant and meaningful messages, where and how constituents want, based on analysis of their giving behaviors.
The Director will lead a team charged with building a rapport with Western alumni, parents and friends over time to establish a relationship that can be primed for solicitation. The team will be accountable for creating an engagement strategy for segments of constituents to grow their affinity through methods of outreach including mail and digital, monitor metrics related to their online engagement, measure return on investment, and prepare them for a solicitation. As a result of a strategic engagement strategy, the Director will ensure that efforts are focused and coordinated to meet the needs and priorities of the portfolio, and support the overall development effort that matches the University’s priorities and financial needs with the highest philanthropic aspirations of donors.
- Undergraduate Degree; in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline is preferred
- Masters’ Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline is preferred
- 7 years of related job experience
- Experience in fundraising, direct response writing and design in an annual giving or similar direct marketing environment
- Experience in digital engagement
- Experience leading and managing staff and projects
- Experience working in the University sector is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with marketing trends and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of project management tools and resources
- In-depth knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques
- Ability to effectively lead a fundraising or revenue-generating campaign and achieve targets
- Ability to collaborate across internal and external boundaries to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support work beyond one's own unit
- Oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on digital and mass appeals
- Competency to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to assess complex higher education issues of concern to stakeholders, including the media, the public, and prospective donors
- A desire to grow and advance skills, which is demonstrated by attending conferences, workshops and other professional developmental opportunities to enhance performance
- Ambitious with the ability to identify opportunities, develop action plans and set challenging goals in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative when faced with challenges
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize social media platforms relevant to intended audience; intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Leadership skills with an ability to delegate work and provide team members with clear direction and support in meeting objectives
- Ability to search within and outside the formal boundaries of the organization for innovative ways to improve work
- Ability to identify long-range goals and design realistic plans to attain them
- Ability to develop strategies that are in line with the University's mission and which balance competing priorities
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures preferred
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #16960, by midnight on July 23rd, 2019.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.