Posted On: 2019-07-05
Closing On: 2019-08-07
Employment Type: Full-Time
Vision – A community where all members are able to meet their food needs.
Mission – To engage our community in meeting the food needs of northern Toronto by providing dignified food assistance, education, focused advocacy and long-term food solutions.
North York Harvest Food Bank has been the primary food bank in northern Toronto since 1986. Last year we distributed over 2 million pounds of food through our 37 member agencies and 77 community programs, serving over 47,000 individuals.
As a key member of the North York Harvest development team, the Development Officer, Partnerships is an entrepreneurial professional who can develop new corporate, foundation and community partnerships while managing a portfolio of existing corporate partners.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Marketing, this result-oriented and skilled problem-solver is accountable for meeting fundraising targets and portfolio growth through identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospective and existing partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Partnership Development
- Develop and execute a growth strategy to secure new funding
- Identify prospective partners and new initiatives for future growth
- Manage reporting and financial tracking of partnership portfolio
- Use data analyses to evaluate partnership success and identify opportunities for improvements, and collaborate on preparation and presentation of year-end reports
- Partnership Management
- Identify opportunities to further engage with partners with focus on revenue growth, cause-marketing and stewardship
- Strengthen relationship with partners and engage them in North York Harvest’s mission and vision
- Team Support
- Work with development team to ensure appropriate and timely recognition and stewardship
- Identify opportunities for improvements and innovation
- Represent North York Harvest’s values at all times
- Other Duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years of in fundraising, sponsorship, sales, community investment or marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Fundraising, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in securing and grow corporate or community partnerships
- A self-starter and resourceful professional who brings a strategic and innovative approach to challenges and opportunities
- Excellent time management skills
- Collaborative team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge in Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Experience with presenting to diverse groups of people
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle an asset
- Able to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends may be required from time to time)
The job description provided is not meant to be an exhaustive list. An individual may be required to perform other tasks which may not be listed but are consistent with the general intent of this role.
To learn more and apply please visit: https://charityvillage.com/app/job-listings/1f0f11d0-959e-e911-80da-14187768272a?search=true
North York Harvest Food Bank is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be invited for an interview will be contacted.