Posted On: 2019-07-05
Closing On: 2019-07-22
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: July 22, 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Regular Full-time (35 hours per week)
ART + AUDIENCE + LEARNING
Does the thought of growing meaningful donor relationships at one of the largest art museums in North America excite you? Are you enticed by the idea of driving prospect research at a critical and exciting moment of growth and change at the AGO?
With more than 1 million visitors in 2017/18 and close to 100,000 works of art in its collection, the Art Gallery of Ontario (“AGO”) continues to increase its attendance by deepening relationships with existing members and visitors, attracting new and diverse audiences, presenting a consistent brand across all elements of business, and flexibly responding to the changing environment. With an operating budget of over $60 million, over 600 employees, and 400 volunteers, the AGO continues to build a high-performance culture as an employer-of-choice, with strong staff and volunteer satisfaction and engagement aligned to the AGO’s compelling mission, vision and values.
As the AGO undertakes a bold 10-year vision, we are currently searching for a highly strategic, analytical, proactive, and personable Assistant Manager, Prospect Research Strategy & Development Programs to support our Major Gift, Campaign, and Senior Leadership staff. The successful candidate will conduct strategic prospect research on current and prospective prospects. He/She/They will manage and maintain an integrated pipeline management system to maximize donor engagement and support. He/She/They will also develop and advise team on data infrastructure standards for managing donor activity.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
• Minimum five years of experience in prospect research, donor development, prospect identification, major gifts and fundraising campaigns.
• Comprehensive understanding of donor database fundamentals.
• Directly related experience developing and executing donor and member reports in a donor database.
• Library science educational background an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applicable computer programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Power Point and keyboarding skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience using prospect research and financial tools and resources such as NOZA, Charity Can, Imagine Canada, SEDI, SEDAR, Meltwater, Factiva, Mergent Online and more.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience with the Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database.
• Experience with database analytics and report writing.
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to relationship management.
• Well developed administrative, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
• Post-secondary education in fundraising is preferred.
What are the benefits and highlights of working at the AGO?
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Receive Discounts from the Provincial/City Reciprocal Agreements (Free admission to museums, the CN Tower & discounts off amusement parks, city attractions, hotels, wine tours, Second City, the Ontario Science Centre, and much more!)
• Discounts to Goodlife Fitness
• Free tickets to every major exhibit at AGO
Interested? Apply now by visiting our website at https://ago.ca/jobs-and-volunteering.
Art is at the centre of everything we do.
The AGO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act & the AGO’s Recruitment & Selection Policy for Staff, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.