Posted On: 2019-07-05
Closing On: 2019-07-22
Employment Type: Contract
Position Title: Donor Relations Specialist
Employment Terms: Contract (one year)
Reports to: Director, Individual and Community Giving
- Special Olympics Canada (SOC), a Program within the worldwide movement, is dedicated to enriching the lives of Canadians with an intellectual disability through active participation in sport.
- SOC is a national, grassroots, charitable organization that provides sport training and competition opportunities for more than 47,500 athletes of all ages and abilities.
- More than 22,000 volunteers, including over 13,000 trained coaches, currently support Special Olympics programs every day in hundreds of communities across Canada.
- Special Olympics Canada’s programs are supported by individual donors, corporate sponsorship, fundraising activities, government funding, foundations, and the involvement of volunteers in communities across the country.
- Special Olympics in Canada follows a federated program delivery model with a National Office and incorporated Chapters in twelve provinces and territories.
Imagine being part of a global movement that through the transformative power of sport, opens hearts and minds towards people with intellectual disabilities to create inclusive communities all over the world. At Special Olympics Canada, our team includes people just like you: dynamic, innovative, empowered, passionate and committed to making a difference.
There has never been a better time to join SOC’s growing development team in support of Special Olympics athletes, coaches, volunteers and families in communities from coast to coast to coast. SOC is currently in the early stages of building a vibrant, multi-channel, national, individual giving program. The Donor Relations Specialist will play an integral role in the development, design and early growth of this exciting national initiative. Pending the continued success of the program, there is potential that this role will turn into a permanent full-time position.
Reporting to the Director, Individual and Community Giving, the Donor Relations Specialist will provide timely world-class, service to SOC supporters and the public by promoting SOC’s mission and brand, applying professional best practices and stewardship to acquire, retain and further engage individual donors – ultimately maximizing revenue, supporter satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
Key Role Highlights:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all SOC individual and community donors.
- Efficiently and promptly handle a range of enquiries, responses, complaints, provide general information, and resolve donation related queries from supporters and the general public.
- Provide professional, timely, follow-up related to monthly donor payment issues.
- Manage in conjunction with Finance team, all gift processing, donation recording, receipting and donor acknowledgement in accordance with CRA regulations.
- Effectively manage the hygiene and integrity of all donor data in SOC’s Customer Relationship Management database.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently and promptly handle a range of enquiries, responses, complaints, provide general information, and resolve donation related queries from supporters and the general public;
- Provide professional and timely follow-up of all monthly donor payment issues (eg: credit card processing issues, credit card expiration issues etc.);
- Develop and execute monthly donor retention strategy for supporters who call or email to cancel monthly support by downgrading or putting their donation on hold;
- Prepare donor stewardship correspondence as directed;
- Update donor data for moved donors and incomplete donor records;
- Liaise with Special Olympics Chapters and Special Olympics International with all donor related issues;
- Other duties as required.
- Management of donor data updates and data integrity and hygiene: including management of: “Do Not Contact” and other donor communication preferences;
- Enter and update monthly supporter files (e.g. new monthly donations, cancels, changes and record coding) supporter changes of address, name, corrections, record coding and duplications;
- Create and generate financial and donor reports as needed;
- Maintain knowledge of CRM database functions, processes and procedures; working with Information Services team, investigate challenges and system issues, recommend solutions;
- Ensure timely and accurate input of donor information and related segment coding into donor database systems for quality, integrity and accuracy;
- In conjunction with Information Services team, uploads electronic and external donation data into CRM on a weekly basis;
- Assist, create and run reports, mailing lists and donor lists to obtain information to support the fundraising activities as needed.
Administration / Finance:
- Payment tracking and reporting including monthly financial reconciliation with finance department;
- In conjunction with Director, Individual and Community Giving, liaise with external vendors as required;
- Process financial information relating to regular giving and other initiatives; reconcile donations on database as necessary;
- Other administrative duties as directed.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma from a post-secondary institution;
- 3+ years of experience working in direct customer service or donor relations environment;
- Strong customer/supporter focus and keen attention to detail; confidentiality a must;
- Highly developed administrative, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Bilingualism (French) an asset;
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment with a focus on internal and external service;
- Proficiency working in PowerPoint, Excel and various CRM systems;
- Experience working with bank information/systems and fundraising databases;
- Enjoy navigating unforeseen challenges and working through ambiguity
- Flexible, self-motivated, meets timelines. Comfortable working in an open-concept environment.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé by July 22, 2019 to: email@example.com
SOC is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply and thank all those who do. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.