Posted On: 2019-07-08
Closing On: 2019-08-09
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Employment Type: Part-Time
Position: Manager, Major Gifts (part-time, 20 hours per week)
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and Engagement, the Manager, Major Gifts will work with the Development & Engagement Team to achieve the priority needs and strategic initiatives of Youth Without Shelter (YWS) while managing a portfolio of individual donor prospects. Identification, solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of gifts with a value of $10,000+. Together with the Director this role will establish strategies to enhance the Major Gifts program at YWS which will contribute to the overall fundraising goals of the organization while recognizing donor’s passions and interests.
Responsibilities will include developing and implementing comprehensive plans for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects and donors. Together with the Director will define the number of individuals in the program to be managed and the revenue goal while considering a longer-term view of donor involvement with YWS.
The Manager will be committed to the principles of philanthropy and demonstrate excellent communication and relationship-building skills with volunteers and donors. Have the ability to use innovative and meaningful opportunities to engage and cultivate donors, and confirm and steward major philanthropic gifts.
- Work with Director and Development Team, YWS Board of Directors to research and identify new prospects using such resources as YWS Raiser’s Edge Database and peer review/introductions.
- Work with the development team to create a pipeline for prospective major donors moving between regular giving and major gift activities.
- Maintain a portfolio of 100-150 donors in varying stages of the cultivation/ solicitation/stewardship cycle; serve as main point of communication to all donors in portfolio, ensuring timely communication, face-to-face meetings, appropriate asks and regular follow-up.
- Develop personalized prospecting plans and proposals for identified donor prospects (including individual and corporate donor segments).
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge for donor tracking (prospect management/moves management) by maintaining accurate, up-to-date, detailed donor records and contact information.
- Working with the Director, explore innovative ways to create and enhance event sponsorship for two flagship events to drive increased fundraising and awareness for the organization; support day-of event logistics.
- Recognize, acknowledge and steward donors, taking a donor centric approach in all communications.
- 3-5 years of proven success in raising five and six figure gifts from individual donors.
- Demonstrated success in corporate sponsorship for charity events.
- Experience in developing cause marketing and employee engagement initiatives that drive revenue is an asset.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to transfer skills into meaningful presentations.
- Understanding of the charitable sector with a passion for the mission of Youth Without Shelter.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and build relationships.
- Can effectively manage and prioritize many projects and deadlines at once.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to search out opportunities, plan for challenges, and take initiative with confidence.
This role is part-time (20 hours per week) and is a work from home position with occasional meetings taking place at the main office located in North Etobicoke. Requires the occasional evening commitment.
How to Apply
To submit an application, please consolidate your resume and cover letter into one PDF and email to email@example.com with “Manager, Major Gifts” in the subject line. Interviews will happen on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Youth Without Shelter (YWS) is an emergency residence and referral agency serving homeless youth. YWS is dedicated to providing shelter and support programs for homeless youth ages 16-24.We provide an independent shelter, committed to diverse client ¬focused services, in a safe, non-judgmental environment. Our programs enable youth to live responsibly and independently in society.