Posted On: 2019-07-08
Closing On: 2019-07-29
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: July 8, 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
The Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships will be responsible for managing a portfolio of regional and national fundraising accounts; with a focus on business development this officer will pursue new potential donors; growing existing relationships; and providing account support to senior fundraisers.
The ideal candidate is a natural sales person, who is experienced with the corporate landscape. Do you have 3+ years’ experience in sponsorship or sales and are looking to demonstrate and develop your account management skills as part of a dynamic, non-for-profit organization? If so, then this role may be the right opportunity for you!
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 75+ corporate partners.
- Lead business development efforts to ensure we have the right level of prospects to feed the corporate pipeline. support the prioritization of prospects to approach.
- Support the acquisition of new revenue and grow existing revenue from a combination of Canadian and international businesses by deploying innovative strategies and tactics.
- Work with prospective and current funders to design and renew custom partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
- Ensure timely and appropriate donor recognition, and obtain funder approvals.
- Represent Evergreen at events and meetings to strengthen relationships and create awareness of our programs and position in the marketplace.
- Work closely with programming teams to reflect program ambitions in funding proposals, and ensure accurate reporting of progress.
- Ensure accurate and current tracking of all activities for assigned accounts in RE NXT.
- Actively seek out new sources of revenue, and keep abreast of changes in the funding environment to feed our prospect pool.
- Analyze trends in corporate and partnership fundraising, identifying opportunities and challenges, and developing strategies to ensure that Evergreen’s plans reflect the direction and demands of the marketplace.
Senior Fundraiser Support
- Provide corporate account support to senior fundraisers and Management Team as needed.
- Support programming colleagues in the development and submission of funding proposals, packages and reports.
- Contribute to the planning of a robust annual corporate partnership program as well as strategies and tactics to ensure sustainable, long-term engagement of partners.
- Support the development of compelling partnership materials in collaboration with Evergreen’s Programming, Communications and Marketing teams.
- Communication. Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner, using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations, and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrates composure in stressful situations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Acts without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships
- Diploma/degree in fundraising, sales, public relations, marketing, management, business or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of sales or corporate fundraising experience.
- An ability to create compelling written materials for a variety of audiences.
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable pitching an idea.
- Experience using CRM software i.e. Raiser’s Edge.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Knowledge of urban sustainability policy issues, specifically those related to the future of cities.
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday.
- Occasional evenings and weekends in times of heavy deadlines or to attend special events.
Terms of contract: Full Time
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships” in the subject line.
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works to impact how cities are built and lived in, we encourage applications from the diverse communities that we serve. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. If you require accommodations, please let us know of your needs in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.