Posted On: 2019-07-11
Closing On: 2019-08-02
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Effective: Early September 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS
What will strike you most the first time you walk through our doors at Kingsway College School?
The exuberant energy of our students? The artwork reflecting our vibrant school spirit? Our friendly, welcoming team? The inspirational words emblazoned on our corridors and stairways? Probably a little bit of all of this and more.
You’ll want to work with us at KCS if you’re driven to help create the next generation of inspired citizen leaders. As a member of Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario and Canadian Accredited Independent Schools, KCS represents exceptionally high standards of academic excellence. You’ll be part of a collaborative, caring team of professionals who are dedicated to KCS families and our passionate community.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, you will manage and execute KCS all-school special events for the current elementary and future high school sites. You will also manage the execution of weekly communications for both KCS school sites, as part of the KCS marketing strategy and plan.
This is a permanent, 5 day per week position. KCS offers an excellent compensation package upon hire. Your anticipated start at KCS would be early September 2019.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Special Events for All-School Events (50%)
- All event preparation, logistics and administration, coordination of event materials, follow-up correspondence including thank you letters
- Complete research including site visits, finding the resources to make event decisions, coordinate on-site arrangements, assists with negotiations, contracts, bookings, arrangement of food and beverages, order supplies, A/V, decor, etc.
- Serve as liaison with faculty, parent volunteers and/or vendors on event matters
- Manage an ongoing list of sponsors, GIK donors, donations associated with events, ticket purchases, event suppliers and consultants
- Oversee event planning budgets, progress reports and post event analysis
- Assist with name tags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Propose new ideas to improve planning, implementation and the audience experience
Weekly Communications for both KCS sites (50%)
- Manage the daily social media postings for all KCS channels and the school’s TV Slideshow, using school calendar as idea guide
- Oversee Admissions communications as directed by the Director of Admissions and Head of the Senior School
- Lead school’s photography and videography, including media consent process
- Work with Ramp Communications and other external vendors to complete work
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School, Director of Advancement, Director of Admissions or designate
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in event planning
- Associate Degree or Certificate in Event Planning or equivalent an asset
- Proficiency with Blackbaud and Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to pay superb attention to detail, use good judgement and have grace under pressure
- Ability to work effectively and exercise sound judgement with all levels of volunteers, staff, committee members and the general public
- Demonstrated organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing, proofreading and copy editing
- Ability to be flexible to work after hours and/or weekends as needed
- Strong team player who is also able to work independently
- Ability to develop and meet deadlines while handling multiple projects
- Enthusiasm for the KCS mission and vision
Thank you for your interest in joining the KCS team!
Please confirm your interest in this position by submitting your resume and cover letter by Friday, August 2nd, 2019 to Hallie McClelland CFRE, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.