Posted On: 2019-07-17
Closing On: 2019-08-17
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Anishnawbe Health Toronto (AHT) is an accredited Community Health Centre in downtown Toronto. The Centre’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of Indigenous people in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing traditional healing within a multi-disciplinary health care model. Since 1987, AHT has been the only provider of western medical services and traditional health and healing services to a rapidly growing urban Indigenous population.
Anishnawbe Health Foundation’s mission is to inspire philanthropy to:
- Support an environment where the urban Aboriginal community can heal spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally by enhancing capital and program funding for Anishnawbe Health Toronto; and
- Foster the reclamation, preservation, research and application of traditional healing methods, including the sharing of these with all people.
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Communications and Events
REPORTS TO: Foundation Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the work of Anishnawbe Health Foundation’s team to tell the story of AHT and the Foundation to help raise funds for its mission and to support implementing a Capital campaign for the Foundation. The role will include developing and implementing an integrated communications strategy and donor relations plan. In addition, this position will support volunteers with the marketing and logistics for third party events.
PRIMARY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an annual communications strategy and marketing calendar. Review and update the plan as necessary.
- Ensuring all publications, speeches, media releases and announcements are consistent with the Foundation brand.
- Managing the correct use of the Foundation logo on all documents and websites. Assuring sponsor/partner logos are used appropriately on all documents and websites.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for the Foundation to engage strong online support including writing posts, live events/tweeting
- Manage content and updating for the website with relevant news, event listings, etc. and creating featured content such as donor/client profiles.
- Write briefing materials for senior volunteers (key messages, speaking notes)
- Develop the editorial line-up for and production of quarterly e-newletters for the Foundation. Write content for the newsletter, including conducting interviews with donors and other stakeholders.
- Write copy for marketing materials such as event invitations, posters, speaking notes, thank you letters, etc.
- Coordinate with external suppliers to design and print marketing materials.
- Assisting fundraising staff in proposal writing and copy editing as required.
- Working with the Executive Director and Manager, Community Engagement, develop and execute an annual stewardship plan for major donors and third party event organizers, including updates on the capital project.
- Working with the Manager, Community Engagement, develop a marketing strategy to attract annual and monthly donors for the Foundation.
- Develop donor thank you strategies including ensuring engaging and up-to-date thank you letters for gifts.
- Maintaining a media list for the foundation.
- Draft and release media alerts/releases surrounding major events or announcements.
- Liaising with media to promote activities and coordinate interviews with spokespeople for the Foundation.
- Manage event logistics and support for third party events and cultivation/stewardship activities
- With third party event committees, develop and implement marketing strategies for event activities
- Working with designers and printers, develop collateral for events such as programs, signage, displays, etc.
- Knowledge of Toronto’s Indigenous community and passion about healthcare and traditional healing practices are an asset
- Diploma or University degree in Communications, marketing, fundraising or related work experience.
- 2-3 year’s experience working for a charitable organization and/or marketing, events and communications experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain confidential and privileged information with discretion
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications, WordPress and Social Media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Experience with donor software/database experience (such as Salsa Engage/Raisers’ Edge), including pulling reports and online marketing modules
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com in a single document, with your name and “Marketing and Events Manager Position” in the subject line.
Anishnawbe Health Foundation offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a commitment to your professional development and a supportive workplace environment.
Anishnawbe Health Foundation is committed to diversity and values the contribution of its employees from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, and persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who contribute to greater diversity of perspectives. (If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know)
Miigwetch to all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.