Posted On: 2019-07-18
Closing On: 2019-08-18
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are recuriting for a National Manager, Community Engagement and Event Sponsorships.
Working as part of a growing and fully inter-connected team, you will recruit, activate, engage, equip and steward our volunteer community ambassadors (individuals, businesses and groups/associations) from across Canada to bring awareness of our mission and to conduct third party fundraising efforts for Operation Smile within their own communities.
About Operation Smile Canada:
We’re a volunteer-delivered global medical charity that provides free surgery to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities for children and young adults. Active in over 60 countries around the world, we exist to make sure everyone gets the safe corrective surgery they need wherever they live in the world.
Through our medical and education missions around the world, guided by our Global Standards of Care, we are at the forefront of enabling local communities in low- and middle-income countries to provide safe surgery because we believe access to safe surgery is a basic right. For more information, check us out at: www.operationsmile.ca.
- Creation and oversight of third party and Operation Smile event programs, including development of marketing tools and resources, sponsorship solicitation resources and program promotion and monitoring.
- Active solicitation of third party events through outreach to the general community and key community groups.
- Meet with community organizations and equip them with the tools and resources necessary to conduct successful third party awareness and fundraising events.
- Working with volunteer community ambassadors to create fundraising sites using Luminate TeamRaiser.
- Support and ongoing stewardship of third party event organizers to ensure they stay on brand and on target.
- Support with the development and implementation of Operation Smile Canada’s Speakers Bureau.
- Attend and speak at third party events on behalf of Operation Smile.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience managing third party and signature event fundraising programs, including a proven history of meeting revenue targets.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgement when working with ambassadors, donors and colleagues.
- Experience building, budgeting, promoting and stewarding volunteer-delivered event programs.
- Understanding of CRA’s funding guidance and all applicable guidelines related to special events and tax receipting.
- Extremely detail-oriented and values accuracy.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with potential ambassadors, donors and leadership members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated with third party events.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented.
- Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position, such as a willingness and capacity to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and a solid knowledge of database management (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Experience working with Luminate and TeamRaiser would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred.
- Ability to smile during high-pressure situations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume or CV along with a cover letter to: email@example.com. Please ensure the subject line of your email contains the position title: National Manager, Community Engagement and Event Sponsorships.
Sunday, Aug 18, 2019
Thank you for your interest in being part of our smile movement at Operation Smile Canada. We look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, keep smiling - a child is counting on it!