Posted On: 2019-07-24
Closing On: 2019-08-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: October 2019
Employment Type: Contract
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR, EVENTS
Sinai Health Foundation is looking for a Director, Events as a temporary full- time employee to support The Great Jewellery Heist, our signature event taking place on November 1, 2019; and to transition to filling a parental leave.
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health System. Sinai Health System is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
THE EVENTS PORTFOLIO
The events portfolio at Sinai Health Foundation is dynamic and diverse, facilitating consistent, measurable progress toward supporting the following priorities of the strategic plan:
Branding: To provide a tool to enhance the reputation and profile of Sinai Health by clearly articulating an inspiring narrative
Stewardship and Donor Relations: To provide the very best donor and volunteer experience, including event chairs, event committees, sponsors, donors and attendees; and to create unique, experiential stewardship events for our supporters
Fundraising: To achieve year-to-year 20% portfolio revenue growth
Reporting to the VP of Community Engagement and Partnerships the Director, Events will oversee a team of staff and volunteers that will design, support and execute signature, community and donor relations events.
With the VP, Community Engagement and Partnerships, the Director, Events will develop an on-going vision and strategy to grow and maintain a healthy events portfolio, building a series of fundraising and donor relations events that align with Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic plan, while continuously evaluating and assessing existing events to ensure maximum output of human and financial capital.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
A highly energetic events professional with a solid track record of executing a range of exceptional quality fundraising and donor relations events. The Director, Events will possess both strategic and detailed oriented thinking and have a demonstrated ability to bring innovation to the events portfolio.
The Director, Events is sophisticated, refined and diplomatic, with a high degree of thoughtfulness required to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in a high-pressure, high-volume, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The Director will work collaboratively with cross functional teams and is responsible for building interdepartmental relationships, managing expectations, handling sensitive and challenging situations, and following Sinai Health Foundation’s policies with event volunteer leadership, sponsors, donors and high profile attendees.
This is a results driven individual who expects all the events in their portfolio to meet Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic priorities.
The Director, Events believes in and practices our values: Collaboration, Flexibility, Fun, Respect and Trust.
- Develop event strategies that meet Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic goals and support Sinai Health System’s highest priorities
- Oversee and implement new event acquisition process and strategy
- Set goals and measure success of event portfolio relative to key performance indicators outlined in the strategic plan: event revenue targets are met, attendance targets are met, new audiences are introduced to the foundation, major gift pipeline fueled, and attendees are converted to donors
- Regular, rigorous analysis of the entire events portfolio to ensure all events are meeting Foundation expectations and standards
- Manage process improvement exercises for better achievements, appropriate resourcing and higher efficiencies while ensuring all processes and policies are respected for consistency and quality of service and delivery
Management and Leadership
- Manage a large portfolio of events that include Signature, Community, and Donor Relations events
- Inspire, motivate and engage staff and volunteers
- Build and develop individual staff and team as a whole through regular team meetings, team building exercises and professional development opportunities
- Oversee recruitment, management and facilitation of event chairs and event committees
- Resource management to ensure proper support for all events, staff and volunteers
- Implement systems for efficient and effective event management that ensure the highest standard of experience for event attendees
- Attend key events and act as the Foundation representative
- Work collaboratively with all Foundation departments to produce improved results and efficiencies
- Work with Hospital staff, researcher and physician leaders on event activity as required
- Evening and weekend work as required
Revenue Generation/ Finance and Administration
- Develop and oversee the Events budget and ensure event revenue goals are met
- Work with Partnerships to solicit event sponsors
- Create a model of event support and programming that meets a high standard of cost efficiency and leads the sector in delivery return on investment
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
- A minimum of 8 years of fundraising and donor relations event management, and volunteer development experience
- A minimum of a university Bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution. Proven equivalent and recent related education, training and experience may be considered
- Proven track record of providing excellent service to committee and board members
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading a dynamic events team
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, while handling multiple tasks, and tight deadlines with poise and patience
- Ability to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature with extraordinary problem solving skills, innovative and creative thinking person
- Strong understanding of nonprofit sector including donor stewardship fundamentals, tax receipting policies, and a proven track record of delivering an inspiring narrative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge
Pleasse apply through our website at: https://sinaihealthsystem-mountsinai.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/2932