Posted On: 2019-07-30
Closing On: 2019-08-16
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
St. Joseph’s Health Centre, or St. Joe’s Toronto, is a community teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Toronto, serving the healthcare needs of the city’s vibrant west end. Its vision is to advance the health of its community by being Canada’s best community teaching health centre. Its people – staff, physicians, volunteers and students – live the vision and values every day and are committed to serving its patients and their local community with compassion and quality personal care.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation supports St. Joseph’s Health Centre, a part of Unity Health Toronto, in its tradition of providing quality, caring health services for the southwest Toronto community.
Position (8 Month Contract):
The Special Events Officer is a key member of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation. The Officer is an events planner with fundraising and administrative experience. The candidate has a minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in the charitable sector.
The Special Events Officer reports to the Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships & Events and assists in developing the strategy and operational plans for special events (including both internal and partnership events) and works with her or his colleagues, in the Foundation and Health Centre as well as committees and volunteers, to execute that strategy. S/he supports the internal events, related to annual, major gift and planned giving programs. S/he is responsible for administrative aspects of the events program and actively assists with online and peer to peer fundraising support.
- Experience in special events, preferably in the charitable sector
- Fundraising or events program an asset
- University or college degree preferred
- Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Available to work occasional nights and/or weekends for events
- Knowledge of our west end community is an asset
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Preferred experience working with Raiser’s Edge
- Preferred experience working with Luminate fundraising software
- Preferred experience working with online auction software such as Givergy
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid administrative skills
- Ability to work well with others, excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and thrives under pressure
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Provides support to the Senior Manager of Corporate Partnerships & Events in regards to all signature, third party and community partnership events
- Coordinate all preparation elements of the event services aspects of our work – supporting annual, Major Gifts and Annual Giving events internally
- Support all event elements for Luminate including configuration documents, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Providing outstanding customer support to the general public, participants, etc. regarding event inquiries and peer to peer fundraising support
- All administrative elements supporting the volunteer committees including agendas, minutes, rsvps, etc.
- Tracking all expenses for events to ensure minimization of overages and cost-savings when possible (in RE and internal financial statements)
- Coordinate all volunteer elements for the Foundation, developing a roster of event volunteers as well as office support
- Working with the Director of Finance, coordination of all insurance elements of events including waivers, insurance certificates, etc.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for this position, we invite you to apply by 5:00pm Friday August 16th, 2019 via the Unity Health website:
Please note that while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.