Posted On: 2019-07-30
Closing On: 2019-08-30
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: September 30, 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Oversee Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database by maintaining user accounts, data integrity and integration with other information systems across the organization
- Leads all donor database administration and supervisory functions, including database maintenance, duplicate record merging, clean-up tasks, and quality control audits
- Establish and maintain database processes, procedures and standards ensuring compliance across the organization to include: maintain code tables, structure and business rules, create constituent appeals and event records.
- Oversee donor services to include: gift processing, manual data entry or through import from external sources, maintaining high quality of data, ensuring accurate and timely recordkeeping, tax receipt and acknowledgment letters, pledge reminders, and updated payment information
- Produce gift reports, revenue reports, action reports, prospect reports and mailing lists.
- Works with Fund Development and Marketing to support various programs and campaigns (i.e. Direct Mail) by creating queries and exports as requested
- Works closely with the finance team to ensure integrity of information entered with the financial records is accurate and balances to Raiser’s Edge platform
- Archival and retrieval of historical data
- Develop analytics to access campaign performance (including digital), and provide insights to Fund Development and Marketing teams
- Provide weekly forecasting metrics; assess performance
- Identify risks and provide insight through analysis across multiple data sources
- Authorizes all bank deposits
- Works with the finance team to ensure Intacct and Raiser’s Edge reconcile each month
- Maintains the daily revenue report used for entry to the financial reporting system and ensures that all general ledger revenue accounts are correct
- Primary contact person for processing ACH payments
- Produces and maintains gift, revenue, and tax receipt reports for audit purposes
- Calculates operating KPI’s for established fundraising metrics
- Maintains back up records for all donations and ensures compliance with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) rules and regulations
Human Resources and Administration
- Supervises two direct reports – Data Management Coordinator, and Donor Services Coordinator
- Provides training on Raiser’s Edge to users across the organization and sets standards for data integrity
- Builds and strengthens relationships with external and internal partners
- Acts as an Ambassador and attend events as required
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Excellent relationship, organizational, logistical and time management skills
- Proven skills in engaging and managing a staff team and volunteers
- Understands and supports cross-functional teamwork and collaboration in an effort to reach common organizational and/or departmental goals”.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service skills
- Proven ability to build relationships and meet deadlines, problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner; excellent English language proficiency
- Organizational skills including setting priorities, developing work schedules, monitoring progress towards goals, and tracking data
- Interest in working with and helping people and families affected by ALS
- Enthusiastic, patient, outgoing, compassionate, professional and responsible
- Willingness to contribute on any level within the organization
- Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Data Management, Business, Fundraising, Accounting or related field
- 4-6 years previous experience in Data Management and Donor Services
- A minimum 2 years of people management experience in a multi-level, fundraising environment
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and other Blackbaud products.
- A high degree of computer literacy, as well as an ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software.
- Ability to plan and carry out database changes and upgrades and assess overall performance.
- Strong knowledge of Finance and accounting as well as related accounting / financial reporting systems
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends and occasional travel as required.
- A valid driver’s license
- French proficiency with bilingual ability, both verbal and written;
- Experience in a non-profit healthcare organization