Posted On: 2019-08-01
No closing date
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts,’ Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $182 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with an Administrative Assistant, Special Events.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement, the Coordinator, Special· Events is part of the Annual and Special Events Team and works cross-functionally supporting all Foundation portfolios to help achieve the Special Events objectives and advance the Foundation's overall goals and objectives.
As a key member of the Events portfolio, the Coordinator provides a wide range of event logistical support. Under the direction of the Director, the Coordinator serves as the primary liaison for activities in support of assigned signature events.
- Under the direction of the Director serves as support for all signature events; supports all fundraising activities including sponsorship solicitation, sales planning, ticket sales and other avenues of revenue generation (i.e. auctions, raffles, donations, etc), follow up reporting and relationship management/stewardship; executes all aspects for assigned signature events including strategic planning, day of logistics, post event reporting and stewardship; ensuring high quality, cost effective events executed within established budget.
- With the support and direction of the Director, Advancement, liaises with and provides guidance to event volunteer leaders and committee members; this includes meeting with volunteer leadership, frequent telephone calls and planning sessions as necessary to successfully execute event.
- Follows standard procedures and under direction of the Director, ensures accurate tracking of event budget (revenue and expenses), event day logistics, post-event reporting and stewardship and provide post-event analysis to ensure continuous improvement of all events/activities.
- Working with the Event team to recruit, engage and manage event volunteers for selected signature events and committee members.
- Under the direction of the Director, supports activities related to the maintenance of the prospect pipeline, event sponsors and cultivated relationships, prospect clearance and review sessions with the Major Gift, Annual and Campaign teams.
- Maintains actions and notes in Raiser’s Edge so that timely and appropriate “moves” are being implemented to grow or maintain ongoing relationships with current and past major gift donors.
- Provides support to the Special Event Team and volunteers with silent/live auction, raffle, registration, invitations and event seating for all signature events.
- Provides support to the Special Event and Communication portfolios in the preparation and coordination of Special Event communication, marketing and social media plans to promote all signature and selected community events through mailings, marketing materials, online promotions; maintains Foundation and Hospital brands and elevating overall presence and imagery.
- Works under the direction of the Director, Advancement and in collaboration with the Special Event team to support the development of marketing material (eg. sponsor packages, posters, etc.) for all signature events, and other Foundation portfolios when required, using in-house design tools (eg. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) or working with outsourced vendors when required.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with key stakeholders (prospects, donors, volunteers and Mackenzie Health Hospital and Foundation staff).
- Proactively supports effective and innovative approaches to event solicitation strategies with assigned committees and key volunteers.
- Supports the engagement of Foundation and Hospital leaders with events.
- Provides support to the Event team, and other Foundation portfolios when required, to coordinate the preparation and fulfillment of personalized stewardship plans as directed.
- Under the direction of the Director, provides support to the Campaign, Major Gift, Stewardship and Annual portfolios in planning and execution of donor stewardship and cultivation events.
- Liaises with the Hospital Corporate Communications relationship for Foundation events.
- Other duties as required.
- College diploma required from an accredited program, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in supporting special events fundraising.
- Experience using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge Program.
- Knowledge in AKA Raisin or other online fundraising systems and HTML experience.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite at an advanced level in addition to familiarity using the internet and email.
- Demonstrated ability in planning, organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a busy environment with poise and patience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the area of correspondence and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Able to think creatively and problem solve while exercising good judgment in a changing environment with numerous deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity working with budgets and expenses following standard procedures.
- Able to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally to achieve optimal results.
- Proactive, with ability to anticipate, communicate, and resolve issues in a professional and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising and working with volunteers.
- Organized and self-motivated with an ability to manage time effectively.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Demonstrated patience and effective listening skills in support of understanding the needs of others.
- Adaptable with an ability to be positive and flexible.
- Possesses a team attitude to work with internal and external constituencies and a good sense of humor.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours.
- Must have access to a car and must possess a valid driver's license.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Please apply online.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.