Senior Coordinator, Donor Engagement
Job Description: Senior Coordinator, Donor Engagement
Reinventing Patient Care. Humber River Hospital stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything we do is designed to enhance not only outcomes but also the experiences of our patients and their families.
Humber River Hospital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new facility we’ve proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue reinventing patient care well into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for better healthcare and who recognize that investment is always needed for the next innovation as much as the last one.
Please refer to the Foundation www.hrhfoundation.ca and the Humber River Hospital website www.hrh.ca for additional information.
Working For Humber River Hospital Foundation
Working for HRHF means you will be part of a high performing, dynamic team of individuals who think entrepreneurially and work collaboratively to achieve our collective goal of reinventing patient care.
As a member of the Foundation team, the Senior Coordinator, Donor Relations would receive a competitive salary and benefits package, professional development opportunities and an opportunity to join an innovative team with an ambitious future vision.
As a key member of the Community & Donor Engagement team, the Senior Coordinator, Donor Engagement is responsible for implementing and coordinating the Foundation’s donor recognition and stewardship program. These activities include but are not limited to managing installations and updates to donor walls and donor recognition plaques, creating naming opportunity proposals and stewardship reports, providing logistical support to donor and cultivation events, ongoing donor communications and tracking of donor activity in Raisers Edge.
Reporting to the Manager, Community & Donor Engagement, the Senior Coordinator, Donor Engagement will support the creation of custom stewardship plans for major gift donors as well as stewardship activities and programs for grateful patients, family campaign donors, community and third party events, legacy, monthly and mid-level donors.
- Manager, Community & Donor Engagement
- None applicable to this Job Description
- Participate in the development of new donor recognition strategies for various donor segments including grateful patients, planned gifts, monthly donors, new donors, etc.
- Coordinate administrative activities for donor recognition programs including installations of new donor recognition plaques, managing donor lists and updating content on digital donor wall.
- Build and manage relationship with donor recognition vendors, coordinating all signage orders and updates for donor recognition programs.
- Support the management of the Star is Born Program including updates to digital donor wall, relationship management with donors, coordinating recognition and stewardship with families and determining strategies to elevate giving levels.
- Support the Manager, Community & Donor Engagement in the creation of detailed stewardship plans for major gift donors, ensuring plans are documented, implemented and updated in Raisers Edge.
- Support the development and coordinate the logistics of major gift donor communications including naming opportunity proposals, stewardship reports, and recognition certificates.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications team to leverage existing marketing content (videos, articles, patient stories, hospital photography) to provide donor-centric communications to various donor segments.
- Support the development, review and implementation of donor lists used for strategic communications including @Humber Newsletter, Annual Report, holiday cards, gift acknowledgements, online web recognition.
- Write and update all donor thank you letters with strategic donor-centered messaging.
- Lead the weekly thank you call program (for all donors) and thank you call blitzes to steward targeted donor groups.
- Work with Information Services to ensure accurate and timely entry of donor relations information in Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to event tracking, stewardship and cultivation actions and donor recognition information.
- Coordinate logistics for cultivation and stewardship events including data requirements, invitations, RSVPs, participant registration, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, and volunteers.
Qualifications and Related Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in the non-profit sector with a solid understanding of donor stewardship and moves management programs.
- University Degree or College Diploma with a focus on Fundraising, Event Planning, Marketing or Communications.
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint.
- Experience using Raisers Edge for donor relationship management an asset.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including, Marketing & Communications and Information Systems/Gift Processing/Data Base Management Teams.
- Strong customer service oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to write effective communications pieces in the English language.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities enhanced by strong problem solving capabilities.
Note: Flexibility is necessary, as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings
Job Posting Closes: August 21, 2019
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.