Posted On: 2019-08-07
Closing On: 2019-09-06
Employment Type: Contract
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $182 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with an Administrative Assistant, Special Events.
We are seeking (for temporary coverage) an administrative professional with exceptional organizational, communication and computer skills; who is able to multi-task; and who is motivated to use his or her unique set of skills to support the mandate of Mackenzie Health Foundation. Reporting to Director Advancement, the Administrative Assistant, Special Events is responsible for providing general assistant duties for the assigned Department team. This includes word processing, filing, answering and placing phone calls, meeting preparation, maintaining files, data entry and management (eg financial processing, budgetary tracking).
- Provides administrative and project support to the portfolio team members, and to any associated committees as required.
- Coordinates meetings (e.g. committees, sponsorships, event logistical) including preparation and distribution of all materials required, scheduling venues, accurate minute taking, maintaining records and other administrative tasks.
- Under the direction of the Director and Officer, maintains financial or statistical reports and summaries either from source documents or database programs.
- Provides assistance to the team in coordinating event volunteers.
- Updates the database with “moves” and correct RE records.
- Under the direction of the Director, provides support to the Campaign, Major Gift, Stewardship and Annual portfolios in the planning and execution of donor stewardship and cultivation events.
- Entering event donation pledges into Raisin.
- Organizing volunteers for pre-event help/Strides event day help.
- Organizing incoming event items: i.e. 1,500 – t-shirts, medals, bibs, etc.
- Coordinating event details with event vendors (i.e. D&D Party Rentals, etc.)
- Preparing and ordering supplies for event day.
- Committee meeting minute taking.
- Picking up items offsite (i.e. Costco runs, items for race-kits, donations from Richview Manor, etc.)
- Preparing invoices.
- Preparing thank you letters.
- Data entry.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing administrative support in an office environment.
- Experience working in a healthcare or not-for-profit environment not necessary.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with an ability to manage time effectively.
- Experience working with customers and vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
To apply, please visit our website.