Posted On: 2019-08-08
Closing On: 2019-09-02
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 847391
We hear it again and again. From patients. From physicians. From nurses. From donors. There’s a spirit of relentlessness at St. Michael’s Hospital. It’s a never-say-no attitude, a willingness to go beyond. It’s why St. Michael’s is legendary for taking on some of the world’s toughest health challenges. It’s why we are leaders in so many areas of medicine — multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, ophthalmology, critical care, trauma, minimally-invasive cardiac care, neurosurgery, urban health, neonatal care — and the list goes on and on. It’s a unique attitude that cuts across every department, and it is ever-present at St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation.
We are hiring! Are you are a powerful, relentless, compassionate fundraiser who wants to help usher in the next era of medical innovation and discovery? Do you go above and beyond to provide unparalleled donor experiences? Then we have a role for you.
At St. Michael’s Hospital, “can’t” is not in our vocabulary. By joining our Foundation, you will become part of a fun, fierce and dynamic team of fundraisers, supporting a global research and patient care powerhouse that takes on some of the toughest health care challenges anywhere.
We are St. Michael’s, and we stop at nothing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Leadership team to develop the signature special events portfolios strategies, goals and objectives in support of the Foundation’s strategies.
- Monitor and analyze comprehensive reports including events budgets, metrics, and activity goals for all activities associated with the special events portfolio.
- Support, strategize, plan and manage existing and new signature fundraising events, third party fundraising events, donor recognition events, stewardship and cultivation events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and exposure.
- Provide on-site support and problem solving at events to ensure smooth execution and responsible for interaction with audience to field questions and handle complaints.
- Organize, develop and implement all logistical and other details associated with the planning and execution of successful fundraising and donor events, including formulating and monitoring the budget, developing and overseeing critical paths, ticket sales, catering, day-of-event logistics, appropriate donor recognition, donations processing and acknowledgements.
- Generate and evaluate concepts for innovative, interesting and profitable new fundraising events to maximize revenue generation.
- Work with Manager, Events and Sponsorship to develop marketing and communications strategy and collateral in conjunction/collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Team (creative, media, night of requirements, social media).
- Collaborate with a variety of staff and volunteers to achieve objectives and coordinate important details.
- Develop and produce corporate sponsor solicitation packages and letters where applicable.
- Manage Corporate Sponsorships and Gift-in-kind donations.
- Liaise with committee members, outside organizations and suppliers.
- Prepare, update and review prospect lists and progress reports.
- Manage the implementation and production schedules of “day of” event activities.
- Communicate tax receipt guidelines and restrictions.
- Work with Stewardship team to provide on-going donor recognition & stewardship with the various relationships to the special events taking place.
- Ensure execution of all pre & post event donor recognition agreements are fulfilled and communicated to various stakeholders (communications team, donor recognition team etc.) including activities, including Donor Wall ceremony, Leadership Luncheon and Tours, Staff Luncheon, etc.
- Provide project leadership, coaching and mentoring to the team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all signature and third party special events and recognition activities.
- Contribute to an environment that ensures effective sharing of information and collaboration with other Foundation teams.
- Mentor the events team of professionals and provide guidance to team so they feel properly supported.
- Ensure positive volunteer experience and committee management is in place, providing support and administration to various committees and senior level volunteers.
- Engage in all committee work, ensuring the best possible volunteer experience is provided by the foundation in relation to the special events team.
- Maintain timely, consistent and accurate coding of donor records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Communicate with Director of Philanthropy, Events and Sponsorship regularly re: work status, challenges, successes and work in progress.
- Provide support to the Director of Philanthropy, Events and Sponsorship.
- Provide support to other foundation teams.
- Personal professional development by participating in conferences, workshops and other training opportunities.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of SMH and SMF.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Operate within the culture and core values of the organization.
- A university degree or a combination of comparable skills and experience, CFRE designation preferred.
- 5 to 7 years progressive experience in planning and executing high-profile events and fundraising experience preferably with a health-related charitable organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and monitoring special event programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operational and financial management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set and exceed goals with track record for success in leading and motivating a team.
- Project management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and crisis management skills are imperative.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with microcomputer applications in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic mail/scheduling, internet).
- Excellent organizational, communications (verbal/written), interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic organization with the ability to relate to a variety of personality and communication styles.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Highly collaborative – enjoys helping team members succeed; a great listener; someone who can manage his/her own stress and is a positive contributor.
- Experience with special events, committee management and sponsorship solicitation and stewardship.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting and stewarding sponsors; proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans associated with fundraising events.
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation; volunteer management skills an asset.
- Previous experience working with Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Please apply through: https://unityhealth.to/careers/