Posted On: 2019-08-08
Closing On: 2019-08-30
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Prospect Research Coordinator
Do you see yourself in an organization which plays a key role in caring for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where strategy, research, problem solving and team work frame your day to day activities? Are you a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person whose work ultimately drives the success of an entire organization? Do you want to work on team who makes a difference to the lives of over half a million Torontonians?
If you said yes to these, then North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Built on a foundation of community donations half a century ago, North York General continues to be a destination for philanthropy to support exceptional and compassionate health care from birth to end of life. In 2019, the Hospital was named the second-best hospital in Canada and one of the top 100 hospitals in the world by Newsweek Magazine’s comprehensive review of 1,000 hospitals in 11 countries. North York General Foundation’s vision is to become the top charity in North Toronto.
North York General Hospital [“NYGH”] and Foundation [“NYGF”] leadership and staff have built a partnership that is envied. Each organization is led by an outstanding and committed Board of Governors, who provides the entire Foundation team with support, passion, creativity and leadership.
With the completion of the $150M Campaign for North York General a year ahead of schedule in 2018, and subsequent extension to $180M, philanthropy has completed critical projects across the Hospital, transforming NYGH from a community care-hub to an internationally recognized institution of health care excellence.
Reporting to the Manager, Prospect Research, the Research Coordinator will play a key role in the identification of new donors for NYGF, and in the integrity of our research processes and database. Covering a broad range of duties, the role will emphasize researching and prospect identification of individuals, corporations and foundations to build the prospect base and to provide qualified lists of prospective supporters (donors, prospects, sponsors). The Research Coordinator will provide support to the Philanthropy Team, while building skills to continue to develop as a Prospect Researcher. Special projects may include: analysis of sector or industry trends. The role will focus on five main areas of the Research Portfolio:
- Early stage identification of prospects and volunteers
- Creation of profiles and event bios on donors/prospects utilizing internal resources and a variety of online, electronic and printed sources
- Date entry and export of info to Raiser’s Edge and ensure info is accurate and up to date
- Monitor and communicate news, events and issues that impact on NYGF’s fundraising strategies and the philanthropic environment
- Competitor research and analysis
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong understanding of online databases (iWave, CharityCAN, foundationsearch.ca, etc.)
- Strong understanding of government/financial based websites (eg. CRA, SEDI, SEDAR, TSX)
- An understanding of the fundraising cycle and moves management is a must
- Strong proficiency in Donor/Client databases (Raiser’s Edge experience is a must)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and be flexible in order to respond to urgent requests and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to take direction, while still being able to work independently
- The ability to identify, collect, organize, analyze, and present information in a timely and efficient manner
- Self-motivation, and outside-the-box thinking is an asset
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills; impeccable data entry skills
- Detail oriented
- Enthusiastic; willing to expand skillsets and continuous professional development
- Creative, inquisitive, strategic thinker with the ability to work with ambiguity
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- University or other post-secondary education is preferred, a focus on Library or Information Science is an asset
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit; health sector is an asset
We offer a comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a professional and balanced working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that represents excellence in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by August 30, 2019. Please reference “Research Coordinator” in the subject line.