Posted On: 2019-08-09
Closing On: 2019-08-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing $122 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Our Crohn’s & Colitis – Make it stop. For life. Campaign has already achieved $70 million (or 70%) of its goal, and funds raised are already advancing our mission.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
The Corporate Specialist focuses on developing partnerships with companies across Canada to maximize revenue opportunities for the organization. The role of Corporate Specialist is to source, qualify, cultivate and close new fundraising opportunities while stewarding existing partners to renewal as a means to grow the business. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for developing partnerships with corporations and brands that will support the organization’s fundraising, research and health initiatives, focusing primarily on sponsorships, employee giving campaigns, corporate giving and cause-marketing programs at the mid- size prospect level. The incumbent will have demonstrated results in managing clients and/or experience in sponsorship, corporate giving and fundraising. Knowledge of the sponsorship and corporate giving landscape is a requirement.
This position is based out of the National Office in Toronto and reports directly to the National Director, Leadership Giving and Corporate Partnerships.
- University degree in fundraising, not-for-profit management or equivalent;
- Background in corporate sponsored programs and fund development;
- Working experience in sales with proven results, an asset;
- Ability to leverage contacts in the corporate market place;
- Strong understanding of the marketing process;
- Able to draw from a repertoire of knowledge, skills and resources to anticipate potential issues and proactively resolves through exceptional problem solving skill;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in using CRM software, specifically Raiser’s Edge is an asset;
- Solid understanding of business management practices; sales and marketing best practices;
- Demonstrated donor focus through the ability to anticipate partners’ needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure expectations are met or exceeded;
- Follows proper procedures and protocols and strives to increase efficiency;
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours; and
- Ability to travel when required (posses a valid driver’s license).
Account Management and Client Services
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote "Corporate Specialist" in the subject heading in your email. We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.