Posted On: 2019-08-09
Closing On: 2019-08-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the National Director, Community Engagement and, as an integral member of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s management team, the Regional Director will serve as the key leadership role for the Ontario Region. They will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s strategic goals and operational priorities within the assigned region. This position champions the vision and models the values of the organization, internally and externally, while fostering an environment of teamwork, excellence and shared success.
The Regional Director will work closely with and foster positive relationships with major donors, key volunteers, regional sponsors, corporations and the scientific community. They are also responsible for managing human and financial resources through strong staff leadership as well as the development of annual budgets and the operating plan for the region. The scope of work includes overseeing staff, communicating with the media in accordance with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s policy, raising awareness among the general public about the Crohn’s and Colitis Canada mission and values, handling financial and banking matters, etc.
- A University Degree in social sciences, business or non-profit management is preferable;
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift prospects
- 5 to 7 years of related leadership and staff management experience, derived from a non-profit, public sector, community agency and / or health related discipline;
- Completion of a certificate in the fields of fundraising (CFRE) and volunteer management or appropriate equivalent is preferable but consideration will be given to individuals in the process of achieving this;
- Proven, successful track record in:
- management level leadership;
- Staff management and leadership of cross-functional teams in home-based offices;
- Strong understanding of and the ability to work effectively in a multi-tiered organization;
- Demonstrated capacity to work with diverse internal and external groups and interests and to facilitate a consultative process;
- Operations, financial processes and budget management;
- Solid public relations and media relations.
- Strategic business awareness and planning skills; ability to operationalize the organization’s vision and strategic plan and deliver successfully on outcomes;
- Strong team leader with ability to build and lead a strong staff team; possesses superior human resources management and development skills;
- A strong, positive self-starter who is passionate about the mission and achieves results; displays awareness and insight into the disability issues affecting persons living with Crohn’s disease or colitis;
- Ability to work well with senior volunteers in a leadership capacity;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- High degree of professionalism and integrity; strong emphasis on ethical behaviour;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate diplomacy, tact and sound judgment;
- Displays an entrepreneurial spirit but also works collaboratively with colleagues;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and strategic relationship-building skills to exert influence and develop constructive working relationships with a wide range of persons and organizations; ability to build rapport quickly and inspire in others a sense of commitment, enthusiasm and excellence;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as database management (Raiser’s Edge);
- Able to work evenings and weekends, when needed; and
- Successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Major Gifts and Annual Fundraising
Planning, Budgeting, Financial Administration and Policy Compliance
Volunteer Engagement and Services
Education/Awareness and Communications
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to email@example.com. Please quote "Regional Director - Ontario" in the subject heading in your email. We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.