Posted On: 2019-08-12
Closing On: 2019-08-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing $122 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Our Crohn’s & Colitis – Make it stop. For life. Campaign has already achieved $70 million (or 70%) of its goal, and funds raised are already advancing our mission.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
The Leadership Giving Officer is responsible for the major gift solicitation strategies and the planned giving program across the Ontario region. You will focus on cultivating long-term, donor-centered relationships and develop sustainable sources of revenue for the region.
Based in our National Office in Toronto and reporting directly to the National Director, Leadership Giving and Corporate Partnerships, you will maximize support from the community and secure philanthropic commitments that meet the strategic priorities of Crohn’s and Colitis Canada.
- University degree in fundraising, not-for-profit management or equivalent;
- Good standing member with CAGP, AFP or AHP;
- CFRE designation, an asset;
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive experience in relates roles, with a proven track record in closing gifts and managing relationships at all giving levels;
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful experience managing planning giving programs;
- Experience communicating with, influencing and engaging high-level donors and soliciting and securing five (5) and six (6) figure major gifts;
- Demonstrated ability to drive and achieve financial targets;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and present strong cases for support and effectively report on impact of gifts;
- Ability to inspire, develop and work with senior level volunteers;
- Superior organizational skills and an ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively with different internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong technical skills including experience in customer relationship database applications, such as Raisers Edge;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Ability to use and analyze data to influence decisions;
- Strong knowledge of significant developments and trends in major gift fundraising and philanthropy;
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours; and
- Ability to travel when required (posses a valid driver’s license).
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to email@example.com. Please quote "Leadership Giving Officer - Ontario" in the subject heading in your email. We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note, this posting will be up for a minimum of five (5) business days.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.