Posted On: 2019-08-28
Closing On: 2019-09-30
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wellspring is network of cancer support centres that provide a comprehensive range of professionally-led support and coping skills programs to men, women, and children who are living with cancer. Wellspring is seeking an experienced fundraiser to lead several mission-critical fundraising events and to provide support to related portfolios.
- Lead several major fundraising events, including a high-profile fashion show, a golf tournament, a walk-run event (500+ participants), etc, and meet related fundraising goals
- Secure event sponsorship and steward event donors
- Support volunteer event committees
- Prepare fundraising marketing pieces
- Develop an annual fundraising plan for specific events within the portfolio
- 3+ years of fundraising experience, including event management
- A university degree
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven track record in teamwork and team-building
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Professional demeanour
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
The Events Specialist role requires frequent travel around the Greater Toronto Area and occasional travel outside of this region. Flexible work hours are sometimes required in order to accommodate event requirements.
Please apply in writing to Humanresources@wellspring.ca with “Senior Events Specialist” in the subject line.