Posted On: 2019-08-29
Closing On: 2019-09-30
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: VP, Philanthropy and Campaigns
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 30,000 volunteers and more than 1 million donors.
The Senior Lead, Women’s Campaigns is responsible for working directly with the Vice President, Philanthropy and Campaigns, Canada on creation of comprehensive campaigns including the nation-wide integrated Women’s Initiative. The role is the strategic project leader for national campaign initiatives and is a key driver raising fundraising sights and developing the structure and processes needed to build capacity for greater donor engagement in the provinces. This position includes oversight of provincial and national communication pieces, provincial development plans, Giving Circles, and events, in addition to providing counsel, resources and assistance to fundraisers in the provinces.
Leads the strategic planning and implementation of development campaigns
- Drive and build fundraising strategy, implement timelines, and develop resourcing and reporting parameters
- Lead the development of current and future (or concurrent) “centerpiece” fundraising campaigns through an integrated approach that includes multi-faceted revenue streams.
- Accountable for the design and implementation of revenue-generating strategies, including conceptualizing the strategic approaches to be deployed and developing campaign action plans and critical pathways.
- Create campaign plans including key milestones, timelines, market and program solicitation strategies.
- Lead the development of defined cases for support, including mission/research offerings with specific and compelling projects with defined business plans and measurable outcomes.
- Assist in the development of internal mechanisms needed across Canada for campaign development in major gift, corporate, direct marketing, community fundraising, and legacy (e.g. giving circles, matching gift opportunities, transformational giving opportunities, naming and recognition, etc.)
- Manage the day-to-day projects/logistics and the corresponding fundraising-related communication for each initiative.
- Collaborate and contribute on cross-functional enterprise initiatives and influence the effective implementation of assigned deliverables with key players in Marketing/Communications (MarCom), Direct Marketing, Community Engagement, Mission, etc.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define and achieve deliverables and ensure initiatives are effectively integrated into Heart & Stroke procedures and processes.
- Create and maintain roadmaps with input from initiative stakeholders.
- Work closely with Marcom to integrate messaging related to revenue development in appropriated marketing and communication streams (e.g. website, etc.)
Leads internal teams as a Strategic Advisor while measuring the success of all campaign execution
- Serve as strategic advisor to provincial leads and CEOs on national campaign projects, prospect development and event activities.
- Work with provincial Development Leads to inform and ensure provincial development plans include national campaign initiatives.
- Engage with provinces to empower Leads to secure major gifts and corporate support through their creation of provincial development plans, major gift strategy, volunteer recruitment, etc.
- Lead and facilitate meetings related to campaigns
- Evaluate, prepare materials, and develop business development presentations.
- Identify, convey and track initiative milestones and monitor performance and initiative metrics.
- Collect and consolidate management data/reports in order to track performance against goals and Foundation strategy.
- Develop and facilitate training for employees, national board, provincial boards, etc., including senior volunteer orientation and coaching.
- Evaluate and measure the results of all campaigns versus targets
- Post-secondary in a related area
Experience and Skills
- 7 years of experience working in a major gifts environment, ideally within a campaign (or through the developmental period of a campaign).
- 2+ years of national campaign management experience (within health care an asset)
- Previous experience working in a complex, centralized/decentralized organizational environment.
- Experience in training and coaching fundraisers on best practices, processes, making the case
- Experience influencing key stakeholders without direction authority to deliver national initiatives
- Superior organizational, project management and resource management skills
- A strong team work ethic and demonstrated strong planning and organizing abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff is essential
- Self-motivated, with sound judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Intensive knowledge of the requirements of donors, partners and fundraisers at each stage of the donor/partner cycle
- Exceptional organizational and execution skills; capable of effectively and calmly managing many priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website or check out our latest posts on Twitter.