Posted On: 2019-09-06
Closing On: 2019-09-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: October 1, 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT CAMP OOCHIGEAS
In 1983, an ambitious group of board members and volunteers banded together to create a summer camp unlike any other in Canada. Exclusively serving children with cancer, it would be privately funded, staffed entirely by volunteers, and completely free for the campers. A camp where every child, no matter how debilitating their illness, would be provided an opportunity to explore enriching, challenging, fun experiences through what is fondly referred to today as the “Magic of Ooch”.
Over thirty years later, Camp Ooch has experienced exceptionally strong strategic growth and is now offering increased programming in order to better serve our community. Building programs to meet the ever-changing landscape of paediatric healthcare, we have expanded to include programs year-round in Muskoka, at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto (SickKids), at Camp Ooch Downtown (a Toronto urban camp facility), and six other regional cancer centres in Ontario.
Camp Oochigeas is a busy hub, generating funding of $8M annually for Ooch’s programs. The Development Coordinator, Annual Giving is a critical part of the Camp Oochigeas’ Philanthropy team, providing support to the Senior Development Officer, Annual & Legacy Giving to help development, implementation and analysis of the Annual Giving program, including direct marketing, mid-level giving, digital fundraising, monthly giving, tributes and donations-in-kind.
1. Annual Giving Program (20%)
- Support the development, management and execution of annual business plans and budget for the Annual Giving Program.
- Manage the creation of the Annual Giving Program creative across all channels and maintains the calendar of donor touchpoints in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications team and SDO, Annual & Legacy Giving.
- Support the continuous evaluation of the Annual Giving Program through analysis of campaigns and giving trends to inform future strategies and plans.
- Collaborate with Finance & Corporate Services and Marketing & Communications teams to ensure integrity of donor data and annual giving campaigns in the various giving platforms and databases including the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), online giving platform and e-mail marketing software (Engaging Networks).
- Produce data extraction, segmentation, lists and reports required for the Annual Giving program implementation and evaluation in collaboration with SDO, Annual & Legacy Giving and Manager, Database.
- Work closely with the Database Taskforce team to create solution and function for organization use in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
2. Direct Marketing (25%)
- Develop, execute and analyze integrated direct marketing programs to drive one-time, monthly and planned giving donor revenue through various integrated channels including email and digital campaigns.
- Implement thank you call plan including identifying donor opportunities for growth for direct marketing and mid-level giving donors.
- Manage external partner relationships to ensure quality, budget and delivery timing objectives are met and to build strategies to assess and improve results with the support of the SDO, Annual & Legacy Giving.
- Support the Planned Giving program in collaboration with the SDO, Annual and Legacy Giving by leading the execution of all related direct marketing campaigns.
3. Mid-Level Giving (20%)
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Mid-Level Giving ($1,000 - $4,999) program pipeline and funding opportunities in collaboration with the SDO and the Philanthropy team.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective mid-level donors that may include individuals, corporations and/or foundations; this will include personally leading discovery calls, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these donors.
- Provide strategic input into the design and implementation of an innovative, multi-channel program designed to increase mid-level donor retention and upgrades.
- In collaboration with the Development Officer, Donor Relations develop a comprehensive stewardship plan for Mid-Level Giving donors.
4. Monthly Giving (15%)
- Develop and implement a plan to convert one-time donors to monthly donors and create cross-promotional opportunities with other annual programs to support monthly giving.
- Collaborate with Development Officer, Donor Relations to ensure appropriate recognition and stewardship of monthly giving donors, including annual thank you calls and quarterly stewardship touch points in effort to increase donor retention.
5. Additional Development Programs (20%) (Donations in Kind, Tributes, Unsolicited)
- Investigate and develop new opportunities for other kinds of giving for special occasions – i.e. Mother’s Day, holidays.
- Coordinate the creation and management of all tribute giving online pages and other marketing materials to support tribute giving.
- Manage donation-in-kind tracking, stewardship and solicitation strategies by collaborating with other departments to understand organizational needs and identify potential for new in-kind supporters.
- Respond to inquiries to donate from the general public.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A relevant university degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 1-3 years’ experience in annual giving fundraising, with specific experience managing integrated direct marketing campaigns and a mid-level giving portfolio.
- Strong working knowledge of donor database (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and online giving and email marketing software (Engaging Networks).
- Demonstrated proficiency in data analytics including the desire to analyze donor trends from quantitative and qualitative data. Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities from different sources enhanced by problem solving capabilities.
- Strong donor-centered approach complemented by excellent organizational, planning and time management abilities.
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines, with strong project management skills.
- Proven strategic thinking and planning abilities.
- Exceptional communications skills (editing, verbal and written).
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Experience working with volunteers to support project execution.
- Collaborative team player able to work effectively in cross-functional teams and with external vendors.
- Current driver’s license.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising and/or event organizing or equivalent experience.
- Curiosity, passion and enthusiasm for fundraising.
- An understanding of the power of Camp.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
Well organized with proven planning and organizational skills; the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects; respond to multiple requests; personable with exceptional interpersonal skills; adaptable; strong multichannel communication skills; diplomatic; attention to detail; able to work in an open office environment.
Please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject: 2019015 – Development Coordinator, Annual Giving to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 15th, 2019.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Camp Oochigeas invites applications from all qualified individuals. Camp Oochigeas is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Upon request, Camp Oochigeas will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.