ASSISTANT MANAGER, PROSPECT RESEARCH STRATEGY & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Regular Full-time (35 hours per week)
ART + AUDIENCE + LEARNING
Does the thought of growing meaningful donor relationships at one of the largest art museums in North America excite you? Are you enticed by the idea of driving prospect research at a critical and exciting moment of growth and change at the AGO?
With more than 1 million visitors in 2017/18 and close to 100,000 works of art in its collection, the Art Gallery of Ontario (“AGO”) is one of Canada’s preeminent cultural institutions. Focused on delivering content of exceptional quality and contemporary relevance, the AGO is deepening relationships with existing members and visitors, attracting new and diverse audiences, and strengthening its reputation in the global art world. With an operating budget of over $60 million, over 600 employees, and 400 volunteers, the AGO continues to build a high-performance culture as an employer-of-choice, with strong staff and volunteer satisfaction and engagement aligned to the AGO’s compelling mission, vision and values.
As the AGO undertakes a bold 10-year vision, we are currently searching for a highly strategic, analytical, proactive, and personable Assistant Manager, Prospect Research Strategy & Development Programs to support our Annual Giving, Major Gift, Campaign, Corporate Partnerships, and Senior Leadership staff. The successful candidate will conduct strategic prospect research, managing and maintaining a robust, integrated pipeline management system to maximize donor engagement and support. This role will also provide advice and oversight on data infrastructure standards for managing donor activity.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Identifies and qualifies prospects/donors for all institutional business lines and funding priorities, introducing and then tracking them in an integrated prospect management system.
- Employs innovative data analytics techniques such as predictive modeling to identify and segment new prospect groups, and recommends appropriate strategies for cultivation and solicitation.
- Leads prospect identification and clearance meetings with Development staff and oversees the preparation of clearance reports that accurately reflect meeting outcomes and actions.
- Prepares reports and research, tracks prospect pipeline activity and identifies prospects that should be reviewed at strategy meetings. Communicates with and trains Development team to ensure prospect management updates are accurately captured in Raiser’s Edge.
- Develops donor information storage infrastructure and processes required to maintain a comprehensive donor history.
- Develops templates and standard materials for research reports to facilitate efficiency and consistency. Delivers and provides continuous improvement of a suite of services and programs.
- Ensures the integrity and appropriate management of stewardship information.
- Prepares research profiles and briefing materials on individuals, foundations and corporations to meet the information and strategic needs of members of the Development Division, Director and CEO, senior volunteers and staff.
- Creates and manages donor/prospect call activity reporting protocol for all AGO staff who have external stakeholder interactions and responsibilities.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum five years of experience in prospect research, donor development, prospect identification, major gifts and fundraising campaigns.
- Comprehensive understanding of donor databases.
- Directly related experience developing and executing donor and member reports in a donor database.
- Library science educational background an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in applicable computer programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Power Point and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using prospect research and financial tools and resources such as NOZA, Charity Can, Imagine Canada, SEDI, SEDAR, Meltwater, Factiva, Mergent Online and more.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with the Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database.
- Experience with database analytics and report writing.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to relationship management.
- Well-developed administrative, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising is preferred.
What are the benefits and highlights of working at the AGO?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Receive Discounts from the Provincial/City Reciprocal Agreements (Free admission to museums, the CN Tower & discounts off amusement parks, city attractions, hotels, wine tours, Second City, the Ontario Science Centre, and much more!)
- Discounts to Goodlife Fitness
- Free tickets to every major exhibit at AGO
Interested? Apply now by visiting our website at https://ago.ca/jobs-and-volunteering. Art is at the centre of everything we do.
The AGO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act & the AGO’s Recruitment & Selection Policy for Staff, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.