The location of this position is flexible: candidates can be based anywhere in Canada.
The Canadian Red Cross is looking for a Senior Manager, Monthly Giving With a focus on carrying out the data driven strategies to drive the growth of a diversified and sustainable base of supporters to support the Society. The Senior Manager’s focus will be on optimizing donor acquisition, renewal and reactivation while ensuring technical integrity and accuracy. They will use their skills and experience to provide leadership and expertise on the Direct Marketing fundraising program as it relates to monthly giving. This includes management and support of the CRC’s entire monthly giving portfolio, across all channels.
As a Senior Manager, Monthly Giving you will also work in partnership with the broader Philanthropy team on programs and plans relating to monthly donors. The Senior Manager will also oversee the execution of integrated campaigns. By working in collaboration with colleagues across the Philanthropy team, the Senior Manager will deliver best in class monthly giving programs to drive growth.
Who you are:
- Someone who has both planning and hands-on implementation skills, has the ability to interpret complex information and communicates it to a variety of audiences Management, and who can meet deadlines in a multiple conflicting demand environment.
- Support the overall Philanthropy team with their monthly donor activities.
- Ensure all monthly donors, regardless of channel of acquisition, have a planned donor journey.
- Inform the development and lead the implementation of the monthly giving program for English and French Canada, including mail, phone, online, text and other channels.
- Oversee the process and practices that govern monthly giving to ensure these support the overall health of the monthly giving program.
- Mitigate risk to the Society by regularly monitoring success rates, attrition and other monthly giving trends and KPIs.
- Development of revenue and expense forecasts for donor acquisition campaigns, laddering up to the departmental targets.
- Serve as a monthly giving expert in collaborations with fundraising, direct marketing and finance staff.
- Manage the monthly giving calendar and report any discrepancies or conflicts.
- Lead and support staff to achieve their goals, establish trust, respect, recognition and mutual accountability in a high performance and collaborative environment.
- Facilitate performance reviews to direct reports, identifying training and development requirements and plans.
- Lead testing of new initiatives, programs and campaigns for the monthly giving program.
- Drive opportunities to position CRC as a charity of choice and innovation in the monthly giving space.
- Create growth model for overall monthly giving file including but not limited to lead generation, acquisition and retention.
- Inform on industry standards of best in class monthly giving programs by attending and participating in learning and development opportunities.
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Fund Development
- 6-8 years of progressive, relevant experience in direct marketing
- Track record of motivating groups of people and performance management
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively develop strong cross-functional partnerships, evidenced by a track record of teamwork and collegiality
- Experience of databases and data segmentation techniques would be an advantage, but not essential
- The ability to manage effectively in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
The majority of the work is performed in an office environment where teammates and key stakeholders are situated across the country. Travel may be required from time to time for meetings and training purposes.