Posted On: 2019-09-06
Closing On: 2019-10-04
Employment Type: Full-Time
Making Moments Matter
Carpenter Hospice is a home in the heart of Burlington that offers both residential-based care and community-based programs to people living with a life limiting illness. It lets residents spend their final days together with loved ones in an environment that is peaceful, comfortable and meaningful. It provides support to program participants with psychosocial, mental-emotional, and practical support, and those who care for them, in a friendly and caring setting.It is staffed by a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who provide compassionate, palliative care to meet needs and ensure that each moment counts.
Manager, Development and Community Engagement
Permanent Full Time
Salary Range: $81,547 - $ 99,669
Reporting to the Executive Director and working as a member of the Leadership Team, the Manager, Development and Community Engagement will be responsible for the design, management and implementation of a sustainable fund development strategy as well as a strategic communications plan to ensure a clear and consistent brand and marketing presence. The role manages the implementation of all fundraising programs including campaigns, annual gifts, major gifts, corporate donations, private foundation support, and in-kind resources. The ideal candidate will develop a donor/community-centric framework for cultivating new relationships with potential donors as well as stewarding relationships with established donors.
In the role of Manager, Development & Community Engagement you are accountable to the organization including the Board of Directors, Executive Director and colleagues, ensuring you perform your duties in accordance with the highest standards and best practices in palliative care, time management and fiscal responsibility. You are accountable to the residents and their families, ensuring we practice ethically, honestly and efficiently to offer the safest, most sustainable care. You will be accountable to donors, meeting public expectation that funds will be utilized appropriately and provide the best possible return on their investment in order to best serve residents and the community.
In the role, you are expected to demonstrate professionalism through excellence in knowledge, judgement and behaviour. In the course of your duties, you will consistently demonstrate our core values of respect, honesty and equity. You will honour confidentiality and the autonomy of the residents and staff.
Include but not limited to…
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic fundraising model to ensure financial objectives and organizational sustainability;
- Develop and implement comprehensive, individual plans for identifying, assessing, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations to meet fundraising objectives;
- Develop and execute a systematic strategic plan to diversify, strengthen and increase the major gifts and planned giving programs;
- Manage Hospice Fundraising events (Gala, Hike, Direct Mail Campaign, etc.);
- Manage Hospice capital/comprehensive campaigns
- Provide management for all fundraising/donor initiatives including campaign and event committees, third party events, etc.;
- Oversee potential grant opportunities in support of Hospice programs and services;
- Identify and negotiate significant in-kind services and community partnerships in support of the Hospice;
- Ensure all fundraising/donor activities comply in accordance to regulatory, legislative requirements and Hospice policies and procedures;
- Work in collaboration with staff, volunteers, event organizers, media and others to leverage our brand and achieve promotional synergies and maintain positive ongoing relations and marketing opportunities;
- Conduct an evaluation of fundraising trends and initiatives to inform the hospice’s fundraising strategy;
- Develop and implement communications and engagement strategy to support Hospice fundraising program and awareness in the community;
- Manage the creation of promotional materials and advertisement to enhance community awareness and generate donations;
- Lead the effective use of all social media activities for the organization, leveraging new technologies for communication, fundraising, promotion and marketing;
- Review and approve appropriate use of the hospice style guidelines with all staff, volunteers, third part even organizers and vendors;
- Provide monthly development reports regarding fundraising goals and initiatives, and progress to the Executive Director and appropriate committees;
- Alternate the on-call duties with other members of the management on-call team for any after hour issues that may arise;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education related to fundraising, communications, sales and/or marketing or related work experience
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation/working towards designation
- Member of AFP, AHP, or CAGP preferred
- Minimum of 8 years fundraising experience
- Experience in a health/community not-for-profit development/fundraising role
- Demonstrated success in major gifts and planned giving
- Best practice knowledge of donor stewardship and recognition
- Keen understanding of marketing principles, trends and strategies
- Campaign experience an asset
- Demonstrated exceptional written, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and diplomacy
- Proficiency with various software programs such as MS Office Suite (Work, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
Schedule of Hours
Monday to Friday, thirty seven and a half (37.5) hours per week. Frequent evenings/weekend work required to meet program and special event needs.
Significant computer use in an office environment with exposure to frequent interruptions. Some travel required.
How to Apply
We encourage all candidates with the right skill mix and abilities to please send résumés and cover letters by email before the closing date of October 4, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carpenter Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.