Posted On: 2019-09-06
Closing On: 2019-09-24
Employment Type: Temporary
Are you interested in leading and supporting the development and implementation of strategies, plans and materials for securing donations from individuals, corporations and foundations? Do you want to oversee the ongoing implementation of the Ontario Heritage Trust fundraising initiatives and ensure effective donor recognition and stewardship? If so, then this opportunity is for you as the Ontario Heritage Trust requires a dynamic, results-oriented leader in fundraising and business development.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Solicit prospective donors, including researching donor criteria, developing strategies and effective approaches/tactics
• Provide stewardship of successful donor/sponsor relationship through effective recognition and new opportunities for support
• Determine groups to be solicited and develop marketing packages and communications for senior management review and approval
• Manage and direct supporting documentation (e.g. constituent lists) and marketing materials
• Develop campaigns (e.g. Planned Giving campaign), including researching and strategizing approach and directing the creation, layout and design of brochure and supporting materials and also implementing the campaign
• Retain and supervise consultants, including developing terms of reference and contract
• Manage corporate events and participate in strategy sessions for events and activities (e.g. Heritage Week, Doors Open) to identify corporate sponsorships
• Manage the process for publishing Impact Reports, including researching and developing the content, developing layout and design and collaborating in creating pamphlets and materials.
How do I qualify?
• You have knowledge of principles and techniques of fundraising, communication, promotion and project management
• You are able to ensure that the appropriate strategies, plans and initiatives are developed and implemented
• You can support achievement of established fundraising targets and promote Trust fundraising objectives
• You have knowledge of developments, techniques and emerging trends in fundraising, donor/sponsor recognition and stewardship to monitor the effectiveness of strategies, maintain and grow the donor/sponsor base
• You are able to interpret and apply related legislation, legal and financial guidelines, policies, practices and precedents
• You can solicit and inform donors of income tax advantages from contributions
Project Management and Leadership Skills:
• You have effective project planning and supervising skills
• You are able to develop and implement strategies, plans and approaches
• You can supervise consultants and provide stewardship over the donor/sponsor relationship
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills to develop and implement campaigns
• You are able to manage corporate events and the publishing process
• You can prepare reports, updates and briefing materials
• You are able to support the solicitation of donors
• You have effective presentation skills to present the objectives and merits of donor participation
• You have excellent consultation, advisory and consensus building skills to collaborate with a variety of committees and establish successful relationships with donors/sponsors
• You are proficient with computer software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, and database) and specific applications/systems (e.g. Raiser's Edge) to maintain records and prepare reports, briefing notes and presentations
Salary Range: $66,055 - $95,181 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 10 Adelaide St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, September 24, 2019, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 138063 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.