Posted On: 2019-09-07
Closing On: 2019-09-15
Location: Downtown Toronto
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will see us change the landscape of youth mental health in the coming years. We can’t do it alone. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take all of us. Sound like a journey you want to be a part of? Join us!
DIRECTOR ADVANCEMENT OPERATIONS & DONOR RELATIONS
Location: Toronto – University Ave and Dundas St. W.
Position: Full time with applicable benefits
ABOUT KIDS HELP PHONE
Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7 national service offering bilingual (English and French) professional counselling, information and referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people. Taking our first call in 1989, we are pioneers in the field of virtual care. We exist to serve the 8.2 Million young people across Canada. Our values are rooted in being courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy.
The Director, Advancement Operations & Donor Relations provides leadership and direction to Kids Help Phone’s advancement operations that support the fundraising strategy and activities; they lead the effort to deliver best in class donor and supporter journey at Kids Help Phone. The successful candidate will be responsible for working alongside Advancement Executive to operationalize Kids Help Phone’s Revenue Generation Plan for Philanthropy and Partnerships overseeing all components of Kids Help Phone’s pipeline management framework, prospect research, donor relations, data base operations (Raisers Edge), analysis of donor trends and opportunities and philanthropic communications. This role will work closely with all fundraising staff to support a comprehensive fundraising portfolio including annual giving, corporate development, major/principle gifts, planned giving, and community fundraising.
This position report to the VP, National Partnerships & Chief Community Officer.
- Ensures that processes and procedures of advancement are designed to meet fundraising goals in an efficient, manageable and effective manner
- Manages the pipeline management framework practices across the organization
- Develops and manages a functional and effective donor pipeline of corporations, individuals, and foundations with team members across the organization
- Responsible for management of Raisers Edge for the Advancement Team including data entry and output operations
- Creates cultivation and solicitation strategies that can be adopted and adapted by the organization
- Provides support to Advancement Executive members to manage the activities of the Development and Government Relations Committee of the Board
- Manages donor recognition strategies and practices for all fundraising portfolios, in partnership with program leads as a means to recognize and cultivate new and ongoing contributors
- Evaluates effectiveness of donor relations strategies (retention rates, increased giving
- Creates a management system that ensures prioritization of large funding proposals and timely stewardship & reporting on existing funding agreements
- Oversees and manages proposal development (templates and customized proposals, reviews and approvals)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent education and a minimum of seven 7 years’ experience in Fundraising (specifically in Pipeline Management and Donor Relations)
- Minimum 5 years’ management experience
- Minimum 2 years’ working for a national organization
- A values based-individual who truly believes in the mission and values of the Kids Help Phone
- Dynamic, energetic, goal driven individual with a positive attitude who enjoys working within a team environment
- Confident in your ability to challenge status quo and manage the risk threshold
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Raisers Edge
- Strong organizational and time management skills with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Motivated individual with ability to efficiently multi-task, work under pressure, handle interruptions and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic team environment – developing partnerships with teams in a multidisciplinary environment, who are not direct reports
- Excellent written, oral and training skills
- Proficiency working with Microsoft office suite
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset
- Some evenings and weekends required
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_CA, open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: lastname_firstname_directoradvancementoperations&donorrelations
This posting will close on Sunday, September 15, 2019.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://org.kidshelpphone.ca
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users