The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews of Canada (IFCJ Canada), a philanthropic organization, was founded to promote better understanding and cooperation between Christians and Jews and to build broad support for Israel. Independently governed by a Canadian Board of Directors, IFCJ Canada, along with affiliate operations located in Israel, the United States, and South Korea, represents one of Israel’s largest philanthropic organizations delivering humanitarian programs aiding the elderly including Holocaust survivors, orphaned and at risk populations in Israel, the former Soviet Union and other areas of the world.
To learn more about IFCJ Canada, please visit www.ifcj.ca.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the role of Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Effectively stewarding mid-level donors ($1,000 - $4,999 cumulative annual giving) to increase retention and maintain and/or upgrade annual giving levels to IFCJ Canada
- Deepening the relationship with mid-level donors to identify motivation, propensity and capacity
- Through the above listed stewardship touchpoints, identify donors who meet criteria for cultivation and solicitation by Major Gift Officers
- Delivering stewardship and recognition touchpoints with mid-level donors to enhance relationships via telephone, email and mail with the goal of renewing, maintaining, and/or increasing their current annual giving and engage in opportunities to discuss higher levels of engagement
- Researching and identifying annual donors with the potential for additional giving capacity and discuss their possible interest in IFCJ Canada projects. Make recommendations on further cultivation/solicitation by Major Gift Officers
- Entering all correspondence, recommendations and pertinent information (contact information, details of telephone conversations, and their interests) into the donor database (Raiser's Edge NXT)
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience with a Mid-level Donor Program preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Must have strong critical thinking abilities
- Resourceful, with the ability to creatively problem solve, seek out and propose ideas
- Analyze work flow and identify issues as needed
- Understand implications of daily tasks and its effects on the donor experience
- Ability to work in a faced-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Versatile self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver results
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Raiser’s Edge experience an asset
The office is located in downtown Toronto at Bay and Adelaide.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations to: email@example.com
Please enter: “Response to Development Officer” in the subject line of your email
Emails only, no phone calls please during this initial phase of recruitment.
Closing Date: September 30, 2019