Posted On: 2019-09-10
Closing On: 2019-10-10
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: November 4, 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Michael Garron Hospital is a true general hospital providing care from birth to end-of-life and serving 400,000 people in East Toronto. We deliver first-rate care on a first-name basis - 90 per cent of the health-care people need, at a level of excellence rivalling anywhere else in the city. We also excel in developing tomorrow’s health-care leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital’s catchment area is unique in Toronto and one of the most diverse in Canada. Forty percent of the people we care for are new Canadians. One quarter of our catchment is low income and we are home to the highest proportion of refugees in the city of Toronto. More seniors live alone here than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health—affect people in our neighbourhoods disproportionately.
In 2018, Michael Garron Hospital Foundation embarked on the public phase of the Heart of the East Campaign, our $100-million fundraising effort in support of our $500-million redevelopment project. Raising over $89-million to-date, the Heart of the East will completely transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight-storey Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility. Join our team to help us equip Michael Garron Hospital to meet the needs of our growing city and our diverse, often under-served community.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Planned Giving Officer
Reporting to the Vice President, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, the Michael Garron Hospital Foundation is seeking a seasoned relationship manager to grow our planned giving program. Michael Garron Hospital is fortunate to be situated in a community that is fiercely loyal to the east end and their hospital. The potential to build on the excitement of our campaign and the momentum already established is tremendous.
The ideal candidate will connect with and inspire diverse prospective donors, volunteers, and colleagues. While experience in planned giving fundraising is not a requirement, you should be familiar with planned giving vehicles and estate administration. Integrity, passion, focus, collaboration and a commitment to continual improvement are your trademarks.
The Planned Giving Officer exudes maturity, tact, diplomacy, and compassion. The incumbent has an entrepreneurial mindset and is a self-starter. Exceptional communication skills are required as is extraordinary attention to detail.
- University degree, or equivalent education and relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of progressive relationship management experience and revenue development.
- Working knowledge of estate administration.
- Experience in a healthcare setting considered an asset.
- CFRE designation and membership in CAGP considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the East Toronto community considered an asset.
- Experience with CRM systems and ideally Raiser’s Edge required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and internet research required.
- Strong work and attendance record is required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) Foundation agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH Foundation are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH Foundation.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH Foundation's policies and practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Send your resume & application form indicating “FND1906 – Planned Giving Officer” in the subject line
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart