Posted On: 2019-09-11
Closing On: 2019-09-20
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Job Type: Temporary Full Time
Organizational Department: Sinai Health System -> Mount Sinai Hospital -> Sinai Health Foundation
Employee Group: Non Union
Location: Mount Sinai Hospital Campus - Toronto, ON M5G 1X5 CA (Primary)
Travel Requirement: No travel required
Hours (subject to change): 37.5 hours per week
Salary Scale: To Be Determined
Sinai Health Foundation is looking for a Senior Manager, Brand Communications as a temporary full- time employee to fill a parental leave.
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trustin each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
We are looking for a passionate, confident, solution-oriented communications leader who understands the business goals and strategic plan of the Foundation and can anticipate, plan for and implement communication solutions that maximize awareness for the Foundation. This position is the first point of contact for client requirements related to written communications and is expected to bring forward broad-based solutions. They will also serve as the Foundation-wide copy editor for all materials, helping to strengthen our brand voice.
This role requires vision and innovation, experience, and collaboration to be part of a passionate and nimble organization working on behalf of the Sinai Health. Annually we produce two incredible Magazines, and an Annual Report, produce monthly and quarterly newsletters, and have the opportunity to tell stories powerfully and with humanity across all of our channels. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of writing beautiful narrative, serving as a style and tone copy editor, and playing an integral role elevating brand awareness with innovative communications solutions.
This individual will also have experience writing direct mail and email copy and will be comfortable writing for a variety of audiences from Major Gift Case Materials through to Annual Direct Mail Campaigns. They will serve as the point person for crafting first person patient, family and healthcare provider stories.
- Lead development and implementation of multi-dimensional communications plans to build awareness of the Foundation, strengthen its image and advance mission and fund development work.
- Expertise in crafting key messages, speeches and media materials.
- Understand the intersection of communications and marketing and digital, and integrate with marketing strategy, creative services, digital and social media as appropriate.
- Strengthen the Foundation’s reputation as a leading health charity, with a focus on increasing understanding of the Foundation’s mission, goals, strategies and achievements / outcomes.
- Develop compelling materials that will help bring our organization’s unique strengths to life.
- Serve as the key author of Annual, Leadership and Legacy materials including direct mail letters, follow ups, newsletters and reports.
- Develop compelling key messages including developing fact bases, first person stories and impact statements.
- Build, manage, and sustain internal relationships with a variety of fundraising groups.
- Create a productive and supportive team environment with colleagues; provide leadership and guidance on all brand communications. Actively manage a team of two; provide written content and collaborate actively across the entire Brand & Marketing team.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the Brand & Marketing department and our interactions with colleagues.
- Behave according to the foundation’s values and hold others accountable to do likewise. Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values continuous learning.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in communications, public relations or in a related field, such as journalism
- Courses in social media, marketing, advertising, graphic design, digital marketing, content marketing an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively senior experience in communications and/or public relations positions
- Proven ability to create and implement strategic communications plans that deliver measurable results
- Exceptional communications skills: listening, oral, written, presentation
- Skilled in a variety of writing forms – i.e. reports, key messages, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, tips for consumers, speeches and PowerPoint presentations
- Creative and resourceful; able to produce high-quality products with limited resources
- Understand and articulate clinical and research concepts and translate them into terms that are understandable, relatable and compelling
- Demonstrated ability to write at an executive level, to conduct in-depth research, to frame editorial stories in a compelling way, and to combine inputs from multiple stakeholders.
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date. Please apply Online.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health's accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org