Do you have a high sense of ownership and responsibility? Do you have the ability to recognize opportunity and thrive on the challenge of scouting potential donors, recruiting sponsors and managing relationships? If you answered YES, you may be our next Manager, Corporate Partnerships.
About Easter Seals Ontario
Easter Seals is a registered charitable organization that helps children and youth with physical disabilities from all ethnic and religious backgrounds. Since 1922, with the help of our generous donors, Easter Seals has been offering programs and services that enable kids to experience greater independence and focus on what they can do rather than on their limitations. We assist families with the purchase of essential mobility and accessibility equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, porch lifts and ramps, as well as toileting aids and bathing equipment. We are also an industry leader in providing fully accessible summer camp programs at our two camps, Camp Woodeden in London and Camp Merrywood in Perth. In addition, Easter Seals offers access to special education and other information resources for parents and public education and awareness on disability issues.
What's it like to work at Easter Seals Ontario?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Together, we are helping kids BE KIDS! EasterSeals.org.
• The Manager, Corporate Partnerships works within the Development team with a focus on the stewardship, cultivation & activation of all high-value corporate partners ($100K+) as well as driving strategy to seek new partnerships from existing relationships in a manner consistent with Easter Seals Ontario’s mission and vision.
Key Priorities for the Role:
- Partnership Management – Activation and Stewardship (50%)
- New Business Development – Revenue Generation (30%)
- Marketing & Communications (10%)
- Planning & Operations Management (10%)
- Serve as the lead relationship manager in the day-to-day stewardship and cultivation of all corporate partnerships, in coordination with executive level contacts.
- Be opportunistic and reactive to new business initiatives or opportunities.
- Develop strong cultivation and stewardship tools/ approaches that are considered best practice in the field or market niche as related to engagement strategies
- Collaborate with other fundraising channels to execute strategies for revenue generation and partnership promotion.
- Work closely with the President and CEO to support processes for cultivation of corporate partnerships– including proposal and pitch decks.
- Represent Easter Seals Ontario at meetings and events through public speaking, presentations and where appropriate public relations activities.
New Business Development – Revenue Generation
- Initiate and secure corporate partnerships focusing on partnerships with a minimum value of $25,000 annually.
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships.
- Secure meaningful meetings/calls with companies across a range of sectors.
- Develop compelling proposals and presentations for prospective new partners that align with their core business objectives.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and execute unique, comprehensive marketing communication plans specifically for the cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of partnerships including - significant gift announcements, and events that support cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Develop and execute partner materials including press releases, FAQ’s for donor services, digital and social media content as required.
- Ensure Easter Seals Ontario’s branding and positioning are appropriately reflected in communication materials and activities by working closely with communications and services teams.
Planning & Operations Management
- Pro-actively model a “donor-centered” philosophy, helping to advance a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, provide subject matter expertise, mentoring and advice as appropriate.
- Collaborate with others across the organization to remain current with fundraising trends, priorities and plans.
- Research and provide timely information concerning trends and new developments in the Charitable/Not-for-Profit sector.
- Other responsibilities as required to ensure the success of the program.
Required Professional Designation/Certificate
- Bachelors Degree with a focus in corporate fundraising and/or business.
- Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) designation is preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a development role, with a successful track record identifying, cultivating and stewarding corporate partnerships at the $10,000+ level
- A successful track record of account management that is organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through.
- Experience and contacts within the philanthropic community in the GTA considered an asset.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic thinking with experience in successfully managing all aspects of corporate partnerships.
- A positive attitude coupled with high emotional intelligence in order to engage stakeholders and the community.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, team environment while being able to prioritize and multitask.
- The ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as necessary.
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 (based on experience)
Location: One Concorde Gate, North York Ontario, M3C 3N6
For consideration, please submit your resume to Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “Manager, Corporate Partnerships” clearly in the subject heading.
Easter Seals Ontario sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in advance however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.The successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including a vulnerable sector screen.
Note: The position will remain open until filled and rolling interviews will be conducted as soon as qualified applications are received. No phone calls please.
Easter Seals Ontario is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. Candidates with be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests, skills demonstrations, etc. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to providing reasonable accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.