Posted On: 2019-10-17
Closing On: 2019-11-15
Location: 700 University Avenue, Toronto
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you want to be on a dynamic team that will Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime? The PMCF is seeking an experienced fundraiser to assume the role of Manager, Leadership Giving. This role will be a main contact point for our Inner Circle Group donors, who give between $1,000 and $50,000 a year in support of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Through strategic and proactive management of this important group of loyal and committed donors, the Manager will retain and steward existing donors while cultivating and soliciting new gifts to result in growth to the program. This is an exciting opportunity to step into an established program that has recently been re-positioned and is part of the greater philanthropy team at The PMCF and help this program to grow within its new structure.
This is not just about the role itself, but is equally about the opportunity for impact. This role presents a unique opportunity to join one of the top fundraising teams in Canada as we advance on our vision (which will be your vision): To Conquer Cancer in Our Lifetime.
About The Organization – The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation (The PMCF) is one of the world’s leading cancer charities. Our vision is to Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime. The PMCF raises funds for Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world, to deliver future care now. For more than a decade, The PMCF has been on an aggressive growth trajectory. In 2018, we raised $112 million—our best year ever—and we are on track to raise even more in 2019.
Setting daring and audacious goals is a mindset that is driven by PMCF’s culture and passion to perform. We have pioneered many successful fundraising programs, including our world-leading Princess Margaret Home Lottery, and some of the world’s largest cancer fundraising events, including:
- Rexall OneWalk to Conquer Cancer
- Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Scotiabank Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer
The PMCF has a strong track record of securing and stewarding major and estate gifts. We engage our supporters through annual campaigns, leadership and tribute giving, and more than 100 community events and ethnocultural programs.
Through our diverse and complementary portfolio of fundraising events, we attract over 300,000 gifts, 250,000 unique lottery purchasers, and 15,000 event participants and volunteers each year. And we engage with hundreds of corporate partners and their employees.
The PMCF has a distinguished board that engages in fundraising, and provides governance and support through a number of very active committees. Princess Margaret is a proud member of University Health Network, Canada’s largest research hospital network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehab Institute and The Michener Institute for Education. The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation is relentless in its pursuit to fulfill its vision to Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime.
The PMCF is pursuing a bold and ambitious agenda. If you have a passion for our cause, are a team player with a can-do attitude, have the right skills, and you would like to be part of the team that’s making the impossible possible—we would like to hear from you.
The Manager, Leadership Giving role, reporting to a Director, Major Gifts, is responsible for helping to attain the annual fundraising goals of the Leadership Giving (LG) program, with a particular focus on the personal solicitation program. Responsible for the acquisition, stewardship, cultivation and retention of leadership level annual donors, the Manager acts as a relationship manager for supporters who give at the $1,000 to $50,000 level. The Manager provides strategic input to the LG program and provides personal communication with donors to offer ongoing stewardship and personally secure leadership level gifts.
Build a sustainable revenue stream and a committed community of Leadership donors, including:
- help achieve the annual overall Leadership program fundraising goal
- effective cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and reporting of personal solicitation donor activity
- collaboration and appropriate integration of LG direct response program with personal solicitation activity
Achieve Leadership personal solicitation annual revenue goals::
- build long term relationships through personal interaction with donors on assigned portfolio with a strong emphasis on voice to voice interaction strategically used to discover, cultivate, invite and steward donors as partners
- implement account and moves management strategies to ensure donors are cultivated toward their full giving potential
- develop annual contact plans for top tier donors
- meet activity and revenue based metrics; report on and analyze program metrics
- work collaboratively with Major Giving team to utilize resources to support LG program
Manage specific giving programs and donor groups:
- work with volunteers and members to identify and engage prospective donors to existing and new giving circle programs
- steward program donors and act as main point of contact for all current and prospective members
- Liaise with appropriate individuals across the Foundation and Cancer Centre to ensure appropriate stewardship of funds
Represent the Foundation in the internal and external community
- participate in events and activities with donors and prospects
- develop collaborative relationships with the medical and research staff of The Princess Margaret, as required
Experience & Education
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising
- Past success in building and maintaining relationships in order to achieve objectives, including stewarding donors and personally securing mid-level or major gifts
- Completion of a recognized Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications and/or other relevant discipline required
- CFRE designation and/or post-graduate fundraising education considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to a varied audience including donors, prospects and colleagues
- Proven strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Strong results orientation with a history of proven success
- Strategic analytical ability
- Ability to develop and build rapport with potential and existing donors as well as with Cancer Centre staff
- Effective project manager with the ability to manage multiple priority projects over varying timelines
- Experience with CRM/databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Regular daily hours of work with some evenings and weekends.
- Work will take place primarily at our offices at 700 University Avenue, Toronto