Posted On: 2019-10-22
Closing On: 2019-11-11
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Effective: January 2020
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT KINGSWAY COLLEGE SCHOOL (KCS)
What will strike you most the first time you walk through our doors here at Kingsway College School?
The exuberant energy of our students? The artwork reflecting our vibrant school spirit? Our friendly, welcoming team? The inspirational words emblazoned on our corridors and stairways? Probably a little bit of all of this and more.
You’ll want to work with us at KCS if you’re driven to help create the next generation of inspired citizen leaders. As a member of Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario and Canadian Accredited Independent Schools, KCS represents exceptionally high standards of academic excellence. You’ll be part of a collaborative, caring team of professionals who are dedicated to KCS families and our passionate community.
Reporting to the Manager, Advancement Services and Database Administration, you will be responsible for the maintenance and security of KCS’s database systems including support for our user community and the associated department reporting needs.
This is a permanent, 5 day per week position. KCS offers an excellent compensation package upon hire. Your anticipated start at KCS would be early January 2020.
YOUR CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Administration (50%)
- Ensure integrity and consistency of data across systems
- Extract data and generate lists and/or reports for various departments as requested
- Provide training for various user communities as needed
- Make recommendations for process improvements addressing efficiency
- Conduct data and system audits
- Support installation and training of new applications or platforms
- Engage and support departments; IT, Admissions, Business Office, Academics, Communications
- Documentation of key processes
Advancement Services (30%)
- Manage fundraising database ensuring accuracy of records
- Support Fundraising campaigns through design input,information capture and tracking
- Administer donations, including gift processing and tax receipting ensuring CRA compliance and proper documentation
- Investigate and support integration and enhancement efforts
- Documentation of processes
- Prospect research as needed
Reporting and Analysis (20%)
- Support various departments with reporting requests
- Preparation of standard reports and data pulls for regular information requirements
- Project analytics support with respect to evolving data to information and insights
- Help to identify instances and develop solutions where reports or dashboards can produce organizational efficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in quantitative field
- 3 - 5 years industry experience
- Understanding of database architectures and proven ability to manage organization database(s)
- High functioning critical thinking, problem solving and system evaluation skills
- Advanced Excel, SQL, JSON,VBA, PowerBI, other programming languages or analytics tools
- Superb attention to detail and sound logical approach to managing tasks and projects
- Ability to troubleshoot systems issues and independently identify & test new processes
- Ability to work effectively and exercise good judgement with all levels of volunteers, staff, committee members and the general public
- Strong team player who is customer-service oriented and also able to work independently
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple requests concurrently, develop individual timelines and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the KCS mission and vision
Not Required but considered an Asset
- Experience in non-profit organization
- Prospect research methodologies
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge
- Knowledge of Blackbaud K12
- Understanding of donation management good practice and CRA guidelines
Thank you for your interest in joining the KCS team!
Please confirm your interest in this position by submitting your resume and cover letter by November 11, 2019 to Peggy McBean, Manager, Database Administration & Advancement Services at email@example.com.