Posted On: 2019-10-25
Closing On: 2019-11-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director of Development
As an integral member of TO Live, the Director of Development is responsible for managing and executing fund development activities in support of TO Live strategic direction. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, and supported by Marketing & Communication, Programming and Finance and Administration, primary responsibilities include revenue generation through major gifts, individual and corporate, external and community relations, and fundraising communications, campaigns & events. Cultivating and strengthening relationships with the general patron base is a key role of this position and essential to this individual’s success.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Vice President, research, direct and implement the activities of the philanthropy department.
- Plan, hire, and manage a Development team as required with contract and full-time staff members that will best serve the revenue targets and strategic goals of the department and organization.
- Secure new gifts through the development and execution of the TO Live Leadership Giving program with a specialty in restricted, designated Major gifts.
- Focus and steward a Legacy Giving program and successfully market it to existing TO Live patrons.
- Develop an online giving program in line with the TO Live strategic philanthropic vision.
- Enhance alignment of philanthropy in all TO Live programming.
- Operationalize a new approach to sponsorship sales and marketing with internal and external partners.
- Research and implement a fundraising database and establish policies for recording, maintaining and updating current donor and prospective donor information.
- Prospect and steward all multi-year naming rights revenue for TO Live properties.
- Prospect and steward major gift donations TO Live mission.
- Maintain and enhance the profile of TO Live as a premier national location for audiences, influencers, sponsors and donors through effective use of development tools and branding techniques.
- Work across the organization to identify, conceptualize, develop and leverage the TO Live’s offerings and assets.
- Prepare stewardship packages and proposals with a thorough knowledge of TO Live’s ability to deliver client benefits.
- Administer sponsorship and supporter agreements on behalf of TO Live.
- In tandem with the Vice President, Development, provide input on key strategic projects that serve to elevate the mission of the company or generate new or evolved sources of revenue for the company.
- Be an active ambassador of TO Live, representing the company at events and programs across the GTA.
- Involvement in other strategic initiatives/duties as assigned by the Vice President, Development.
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 8 years’ experience preferably working in a major arts institution or equivalent as a senior development professional.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit environment.
- Skills include strong leadership, interpersonal, team building, negotiating, sales and collaborative.
- Solid knowledge of a CRM database would be a major asset.
- Ability to seek out and implement innovative fundraising and sales strategies.
- Have knowledge of state-of-the-art fundraising practices.
- Ability to work in fast paced multi-project environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of both individual project and departmental budget processes.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required.
- May be subject to lack of natural light in workplace.
- Occasional objectionable odors in workplace.
- Travel between TO Live venues as required.
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall (formerly the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts), the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre (formerly the Toronto Centre for the Arts). In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Development” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
TO Live is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: October 24, 2019
Application Deadline: November 14, 2019
Start Date: ASAP