Young People’s Theatre (YPT), celebrating its 54th Anniversary Season in 2019.20, is Canada’s largest professional theatre for young audiences with an annual budget of $5 million. It currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of approximately 85,000+. Housed in a renovated historical venue in downtown Toronto, YPT works on a 458-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio, as well as operating a year-round Drama School in four locations. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily daytime) encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do. Over the next five years, YPT will be focusing on Room for Imagination, a campaign to build a new facility for the organization.
Young People’s Theatre is currently seeking to fill the position of Director of Development. This is a permanent fulltime position, reporting directly to the Executive Director. We are looking for someone who:
- Thrives within the hectic environment of a capital campaign
- Strives to build new relationships with potential donors, stakeholders and volunteers
- Has proven experience in directing and executing successful campaigns.
Working alongside an Associate DOD (who will manage the departmental administration and staff), the DOD will:
- Manage and oversee the operating campaign of approximately $2 million annually for the theatre, including creative planning, strategic implementation and ongoing evaluation of all fundraising activities.
- Work closely with YPT’s Executive Director to develop the strategy and plan for the company’s comprehensive campaign for its new building.
- Execute and direct the capital campaign.
- Cultivate and solicit major donors or gifts.
- Work alongside YPT’s senior management as a team to fulfill the vision of the theatre.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Major campaign experience, either at the manager or director level
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written
- Minimum ten years of senior fundraising experience, including major individual giving, corporate sponsorships, foundations, and planned giving.
In accordance with YPT’s policy and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment that includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and therefore early submission is encouraged.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until suitable candidate found.
YPT thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.