The nature of the Canadian charitable sector has changed – irreversibly. New ideas, new models, new technologies, new generations and new Canadians present new opportunities and challenges for Canadian charities. Where do we go from here? At KCI, that’s our favourite question.
We are Canada’s leading consultants to the non-profit sector with professionals across the country in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. And through our 35 years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams and raise billions of dollars. We serve our clients through a wide variety of services including: Fundraising Counsel & Campaigns; Assessments & Strategy Development; Research & Analytics; Communications & Case Development; and Executive Search & Talent Services.
In doing that work, we firmly place our focus on values and people…both ours and our clients’. We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative and respectful relationships with our colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and live them every day.
At KCI, our people are our most valuable resource. We hire the best and brightest, provide them with ongoing training and support, and give them the opportunity to work with a range of clients in different regions and charitable sectors across the country. We strive to foster a collaborative culture of professional and personal growth, and to recognize, value, and develop the individual skills and contributions of each of our team members. And because we know the future won’t look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What’s Next.
For more information about KCI, please visit: https://kciphilanthropy.com/
THE CAMPAIGN CONSULTANT ROLE/
Our KCI team members bring a wide range of skills and experience to client assignments across our broad range of services. At this time, we are adding to our team of Consultants with deep campaign and major gift experience.
A KCI Campaign Consultant role involves working collaboratively with leading Canadian charitable organizations to plan and implement major fundraising initiatives.
Consulting activities typically involve campaign planning, including developing the campaign’s roadmap to success (ie: case for support, communications plan, campaign timetable, campaign goal and standards of giving) and campaign implementation, including working with client staff to identify, cultivate, enlist, train and support campaign leadership and volunteers; conducting prospect reviews of potential donors; identifying, researching and evaluating prospects; identifying and preparing materials for donor cultivation opportunities and donor solicitations; developing campaign donor recognition and stewardship programs; managing and implementing family and community campaigns; developing campaign financial policies and procedures and providing performance metrics to report and monitor campaign progress, including benchmark reviews to ensure targets are being achieved.
With the support of their lead Partner and the resources of the KCI team, Campaign Consultants are responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with senior leadership of the client organization on the strategic and tactical implementation of the campaign; liaise with institutional leadership, senior campaign volunteers, and Development staff.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of campaign plans in support of the client’s operating plan.
- In conjunction with the client, prepare medium and long-term fundraising plans.
- Driving the daily operations of the campaign, serving as a primary point of contact for day to day campaign activities.
- Assisting in the identification, cultivation, enlistment, training, and ongoing support of the campaign volunteers.
- Conducting prospect review and evaluation; facilitating the prospect management process, including prospect assignments and tracking sessions, in collaboration with the client’s research and development team.
- Facilitating the involvement of key stakeholders to assist with prospect identification, evaluation, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Supporting the energetic and disciplined cultivation of prospective donors and volunteers.
- Supporting the client in the solicitation of key prospects, ensuring customized funding proposals and other support materials are developed as necessary, including regular meetings with the client to review and advise on major gift calls assigned to the client.
- Advising on named gift opportunities and donor recognition programs to maximize campaign support at all gift levels.
- Working with client’s research team to develop required campaign reports.
- Monitoring and reporting campaign progress regularly to the client and campaign volunteer leadership as needed, including development of quarterly benchmark reviews.
- If applicable, assisting with the enhancement of the client’s Development Office and the campaign staffing infrastructure.
- Ensuring that all campaign activities are professionally completed in accordance with agreed strategies and agreed timetables. Being the ‘insistent voice’ of objective, single-minded professional counsel will be important to the success of the campaign.
- Transferring major gift fundraising methodology to the client’s staff and volunteers, with particular emphasis on the fundraising techniques and ongoing development programs which the client should employ to exploit the momentum of the campaign in future years.
To be successful in this role, the Campaign Consultant must demonstrate:
- Broad-based, progressive professional experience in fundraising, ideally including experience in major gifts and campaigns; experience in annual giving, planned giving, sponsorship, events, etc. are welcome and a strong asset.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, and high attention to detail, resulting in the ability to multitask, prioritize, and build relationships in an efficient and systematic manner.
- An exceptional work ethic coupled with an internal drive to succeed and improve.
- A collaborative mindset and approach, and the ability to work well both independently and in a team.
- Impeccable professionalism, integrity, and judgement, including exceptional confidentiality.
- Strong written communication, listening, and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to connect and develop rapport quickly, and to maintain strong professional relationships over the long term.
- Strategic mindset and approach, and the ability to quickly and effectively synthesize information, draw parallels and conclusions, and suggest potential solutions.
- Tenacity and persistence coupled with investigation and research skills.
- A deep personal satisfaction from providing high-quality service and exceeding expectations.
- A passion for and commitment to the not-for-profit sector and the positive impact that client organizations effect on society, as evidenced through volunteer work within the sector or profession.
- Maturity, confidence, and a high degree of emotional and social intelligence.
- Openness and flexibility in thinking, attitude, and style; willingness to share and consult with colleagues.
- Enthusiasm, lots of positive energy, and a can-do attitude.
- Bilingualism in English and French considered an asset.
Reflecting our national scope, we are open to candidates across the country with a preference for individuals based in large urban centres. As well, candidates who are open to travel and/or temporary re-location to client communities within Canada for 6-18 months would be particularly welcome.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/
We believe that people are catalysts and that organizations can only achieve their full potential with the right people on their team. This is true both for our clients and for KCI.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. Candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply and requests for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
To be considered, candidates should send both resume and letter of interest to:
Vice President, Search + Talent