Posted On: 2019-11-06
Closing On: 2019-11-22
Location: Toronto Western Hospital
Employment Type: Full-Time
Development Officer, Leadership Giving
Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation (TGWHF) raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital as well as their respective research arms, Krembil Research Institute and Toronto General Research Institute.
The Hospitals and the Research Institutes are members of University Health Network, which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehab and the Michener Institute. University Health Network (UHN) is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable Hospital network, the organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare.
The Foundation´s vision and mission is to enable global leadership and innovation in health by developing strong relationships with University Health Network stakeholders. Our Values are excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and donor centered.
Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a Development Officer, Leadership Giving. This vital role, which sits within the Community Giving team and reports to the Senior Director, Community Giving & Analytics, is focused on yielding gifts in the range of $1,000 to $100,000 through a unique mix of personal outreach and more traditional mass marketing efforts. In all activities this position endeavors to cultivate and steward donors in order to build strong long-term relationships.
- Develop positive and meaningful relationships with prospective donors, identifying opportunities for engagement with TGWHF
- Identify ways to engage, recognize and steward donors for their contributions
- Manage a portfolio of existing donors as well as develop a pipeline of potential donors; Includes identifying and researching prospects, preparing engagement strategies, and planning, scheduling and conducting cultivation and solicitation meetings
- Assess current donor strategies and develop new elements and revisions to attract new donors and to engage new networks of supporters
- Ensure donor interactions are captured in database
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is a fundraiser who loves to be part of a tight knit and engaged community passionate about healthcare. At a minimum, the ideal candidate will have 4 years of fundraising experience and demonstrated track record of raising gifts in the leadership range ($1,000 to $100,000). Their motivation is about their ability to bring awareness, make a meaningful connection with prospects and build capacity for the UHN community. While always focused on results and achievements, the candidate is someone who is a team player who respects and values the skills and abilities of those around them and is flexible when it comes to changing priorities and deliverables.
- University/College diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in charitable/not-for-profit organization, including front-line fundraising experience
- Understanding of mass marketing principles and experience in direct response marketing considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; with excellent attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and sensitivity
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple activities and thrive in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in all positions throughout the Foundation and hospitals
- Experience in a large, complex not-for-profit healthcare organization is a definite asset
- Regular daily hours, with occasional weekend and evening events
- Computer literacy: Familiarity with The Raiser´s Edge or other CRM database required, along with comfort in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel)
Note: this position is located at the Foundation’s Toronto Western Hospital site.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter before November 22, 2019, by email, noting the position title in the subject line, to:
Development Assistant, Community Giving
University Health Network thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal‐opportunity employer.