Posted On: 2019-11-15
Closing On: 2019-12-13
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Covenant House helps youth ignite their potential and reclaim their lives. As Canada’s largest agency serving youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk, we offer the widest range of 24-7 services to about 350 young people each day.
As a national leader, we educate and advocate for long-term change to improve the lives of vulnerable youth. This includes influencing public policy, leading awareness and prevention programs and continually building and sharing our knowledge. As a learning organization, we strive for excellence and programs with impact.
More than a place to stay, we provide life-changing care with unconditional love and respect. We meet youth’s immediate needs and then we work together to achieve their future goals. We offer housing options, health and well-being support, training and skill development, and ongoing care once youth move into the community.
Thanks to our donors, who contribute almost 80 per cent of our $33 million annual operating budget, we are able to deliver these comprehensive programs and services.
Since 1982, Covenant House has supported more than 95,000 young people.
View Our Culture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFlhDTljow0&feature=youtu.be
In this role the candidate will report to the Associate Director, Development and is responsible for the development and implementation of plans for securing major and deferred gifts from donors through estate planning and other financial vehicles.
- Maintain a portfolio of planned giving donors and prospects
- Develop an annual stewardship plan
- Analyze and track data to assist with annual planning and evaluation of planned giving programs
- Help guide our lead generation program through close collaboration with our in-house marketing team
- Collaborate with other development staff to provide educational opportunities and materials around planned giving
- Develop strategies that will integrate planned giving into other fundraising streams
- Develops and implements strategies to engage planned giving prospects
- The ideal candidate has 4+ years’ experience in fundraising or related area
- The incumbent must have a proven track record in strategizing and presenting compelling funding opportunities
- This individual will have general knowledge and understanding of the Canadian tax system, estate planning and various gifting vehicles
- Success in achieving targets and deadlines within established plans is necessary
- Attention to detail, accuracy and proficiency in Microsoft office is required
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM data base would be considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred
What we offer:
- Meaningful work
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Personal Days, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement and more)
- Paid vacation time
- Employee perks
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume online through our careers page at https://covenanthouse.applytojob.com/. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who
represent diverse communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.