Posted On: 2019-11-21
Closing On: 2019-12-05
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director, Direct Marketing
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centres, Sinai Health has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally.
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
Reporting to the Vice President, Brand Strategy and Marketing, the Director, Direct Marketing provides overall guidance and strategic direction to the Foundation’s annual and direct marketing program.
Responsibilities include creation and oversight of an integrated solicitation plan for annual donors ($1 to $10,000), as well as developing and overseeing strategies to grow the donor base and increase total giving.
This individual is also responsible for a number of other growth and retention strategies including our staff 50/50 program, wifi acquisition, Labour of Love, Grateful Hearts, tribute and memorial giving. They will also be responsible for identifying and bringing forward new ways of giving to grow the donor and revenue base, including symbolic giving.
The Director, Direct Marketing will develop and set strategies to double our donor base over the next three years and will be excited by the opportunity to play a significant role in launching a new brand campaign. They will be an expert in direct marketing strategies leading seamlessly integrated campaigns including offline and online strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies, in accordance with the Foundation’s strategic plan to meet the designated KPIs in relation to annual giving, including online and offline giving plans
- Lead and plan strategies and leverage opportunities within tribute, memorial and symbolic giving areas to grow the donor base
- Consistently analyze and report performance of all solicitations and donor segments, work with team to implement strategies to course correct and enhance solicitation campaigns, as well as promote retention and upgrades
- Plan for appropriate stewardship of donor segments
- Work collaboratively with other segment leaders to ensure the smooth transition and identification of prospects, such as moving to Major Gift and Legacy portfolios and conversion of event participants into annual donors
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential for the greatest growth; partner with leadership giving to deliver their mail program
- Work collaboratively with colleagues who foster the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations and stewardship as related to annual donors
- Develop strategic, integrated, and annual business plans for annual and direct giving segments and manage budgets, making annual giving a core strategy of all fundraising activities
- As an ambassador and leader, be an effective communicator and fundraising expert in the science and practice of fundraising
- Successfully mentor and develop the direct marketing team
- University degree in a related field and CFRE designation preferred
- Eight years’ experience in fundraising including annual giving program leadership and deep affinity for reporting and data analysis
- Demonstrated leadership skills in motivating staff and delivering projected fundraising results
- Excellent track record in developing and implementing robust annual giving programs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills that help galvanize results in fundraising
- Proven ability to lead a team and fundraising program from ideation through to execution
- Demonstrated change management skills with a proven record of facilitating an environment of industry leading practices and standards
- A deep passion for analytics and the ability to interpret information to prepare strategic reporting, analysis and recommendations for improvements
- Ability to take initiative and work collaboratively with colleagues, hospital and administrative staff
- Leadership skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated record of program development, implementation and evaluation
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects from conception to completion with tightly prescribed timelines
- Must excel at developing highly complex relationships, based on trust, integrity, and results