Interim Fundraising Events & Marketing Coordinator (maternity leave contract)
About Camp Quality Canada
Camp Quality Canada strives to provide empowering camp experiences for kids with cancer and blood disorders. Our philosophy is that together, we can do anything, be anything and achieve everything. We have the power to turn life’s challenges into adventures.
Originally founded in Australia in the 1980s, the Camp Quality name quickly spread throughout the world. Today, there are 6 independent Camp Quality organizations operating in 6 countries around the world. With a dedicated team of nearly 500 volunteers across Canada, CQ delivers uplifting camp experiences to children with cancer and their families. Camp Quality Canada is a small staff team of 5.5 FTE based in Toronto.
You can find out more about CQ at www.campquality.org
Purpose of the Position
The Interim Fundraising Events & Marketing Coordinator (FEMC) will lead the execution of 2 established major signature events, Bay Street Kicks and Axe Cancer. Additionally, the FEMC will support community fundraising initiatives in our various camp communities across Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta. The FEMC is also the staff lead of general marketing and social media.
The FEMC will work alongside the Executive Director and Fundraising Manager to implement a new fundraising strategy, increase overall fundraising revenue nationwide and grow the organization’s public profile. The FEMC will also work closely with the 6 regional Volunteer Fundraising Coordinators in our camp communities.
1. Lead the planning and execution of the annual Bay Street Kicks (September) and Axe Cancer (October) signature events. These events have a $150,000 gross target combined. This includes creating comprehensive event plans and assisting with the recruitment of sponsors and event participants. Budgets and Sponsor Packages for the 2020 signature events have already been created, however this will be a part of the role for future events and activities. The FEMC is the CQ point-person at events and during set-up and take-down. This requires the ability to lead a group of staff/volunteers who will be supporting the event (including the Executive Director and Fundraising Manager). The FEMC should be confident speaking in front of groups. 50% of the role
2. Supporting regional camp community events and initiatives with planning, marketing, fundraising website creation and logistics. Mainly third-party events with an approximate collective gross goal of $250,000. This will occasionally include attending events and some travel. 30% of the role
3. Creating and managing minor marketing initiatives unrelated to fundraising (ie. posters for volunteer recruitment). Managing social media accounts and the monthly social media post schedule. 10% of the role
4. Support the Executive Director and all other CQ staff with other projects and activities as required. Be a flexible, adaptive team-player.
10% of the role
NOTE: Some weekend and evening work is required. Appropriate notice and lieu time given.
Competencies, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of fundraising, events or marketing experience with a not-for-profit
- Previous experience organizing events of some type
- Moderate experience with creative graphic and website design and social media
(Artez, WordPress, Illustrator, Publisher, Canva)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Superior attention to detail and professionalism
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent organization, planning and administrative skills
- Skills in a donor database CRM considered an asset (Gift Works is current database)
- Skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint, email, calendar, and web browsers
Compensation and Details
- Full-time 18-month contract, 40 hours/week
- Start date January 13th, 2020 (tentative)
- Intermediate level role
- $40,000 - $50,000 salary range, plus cell phone compensation
- Reporting to the Executive Director
- Based out of the Camp Quality office at 1444 Queen Street East, Toronto
If you would like to apply for this role, please email a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this particular role and your interest in our cause, along with a current resume listing your qualifications and experience to:
Jarvis Strong, Executive Director, by Monday December 16th, 2019. email@example.com