Organization: Heart & Stroke
Title:Senior Manager, Monthly and Intermediate Giving
Reports to: National Director, Direct Marketing and Lottery
Team: Three: Associate Manager, Monthly Giving; Associate Manager, Intermediate Giving; Coordinator, Individual Giving
Location: Toronto (Yonge and Eglinton)
Is this you?
Are you inspired to be part of the fight against heart disease, stroke and related conditions? Do you believe in the promotion of health, wellness and decreasing risk factors that lead to heart disease and stroke? Are you a champion of health looking to drive impact, spread awareness and embrace change?
You might be looking for your next opportunity to grow a portfolio—particularly within the realm of monthly and mid-level giving. Your colleagues describe you as resilient and open to ambiguity. You are focused on delivering results and strategizing. You have a background in the not for profit sector and have a deep understanding of direct mail campaigns both traditional and digital.
You are known to test your ideas and learn from your mistakes. You think things through and you believe in contingency plans.
You’ve led teams before, and your team would say you are a dynamic leader. You are constantly trying out new techniques, streamlining processes, growing programs and are generally committed to improvement and excellence. You are encouraging, supportive, but you also drive hard. You don’t rest on the success of years prior…every day and every fiscal you strive to innovate, improve and succeed.
When it comes to technology, you have a strong grasp of multichannel integrated marketing including email and digital, as well as familiarity with BlackBaud CRM and Google Analytics.
Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading…
Every seven minutes, someone in Canada dies from heart disease and stroke. An estimated 1.6 million more are living with the devastating effects of these diseases. And 9 in 10 Canadians have at least one risk factor, such as high blood pressure, obesity, tobacco use, lack of physical activity and diabetes.
The threat of heart disease and stroke has never been more urgent. And it’s amplified by our aging population, sedentary lifestyles, poor diets and more.
Big challenge, ambitious goals.
These are the realities confronting us today. To tackle these challenges, Heart & Stroke has set out the following ambitious goals:
- By 2020, reduce the risk factors for heart disease and stroke by 10%.
- By 2020, reduce Canadians’ death rate from heart disease and stroke by 25%.
We are focusing our efforts on areas where we can make the biggest impact:
- fighting for prevention
- saving lives
- transforming recovery
- investing in life-saving research
Achieving these goals won’t be easy. But the support of our donors and volunteers makes it possible.
We believe life is worth fighting for. And we don’t want you to miss it. To learn more about what we do and who we impact, visit: http://www.heartandstroke.ca/what-we-do/our-impact/our-story
The Senior Manager, Monthly & Individual Giving will report to the National Director, Direct Marketing and Lottery. They will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies and campaigns to significantly grow mid-level and monthly donors. They will have three direct reports: Associate Manager, Monthly Giving; Associate Manager, Intermediate Giving; and Coordinator, Individual Giving.
The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with their team and cross-functional partners to provide leadership and vision in a fast-paced, fluid environment. The ideal person is a self-starter who is genuinely donor-centric, with a strong commitment to sharing impact. Results-oriented, this person will have a strong focus on working with and through a team-- they are an excellent balance between creative and analytical.
The successful candidate will be focused on delivering strategy, particularly to the mid-level program. The Senior Manager will have a strong knowledge of direct-mail campaigns, program growth and moves management. They will be working collaboratively with the annual program, as well as the Senior Manager, Early Donors. This person should also have experience working with and manipulating data and reports and will create dashboards that report on donor segments.
Strategy and Budgeting
- Develop and lead successful and integrated programs that strategically grow the value and engagement of portfolio donors
- Oversight of the development of monthly and mid-level multi-channel campaigns across the donor journey – including acquisition, repeat giving, retention, and stewardship
- Develop and implement protocols for cultivation and stewardship opportunities including gift impact reporting, moves management, acknowledgements, communications, and other opportunities for donor engagement
- Act as a collaborator in the development of plans for different donor segments including acquisition, annual giving, onboarding, mid-level, monthly, legacy and major gifts
- Development of revenue and expense forecasts for donor campaigns, laddering up to the departmental targets
- Budget creation and management including oversight of invoice tracking, payment and reconciliation
- Create innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors; ensure donors are acknowledged and recognized appropriately for their support
Campaign Planning & Execution
- Manage the development and execution of the program’s annual marketing and communications plans for renewal, stewardship and reactivation
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of staff in developing and executing plans across all phases of campaign development and implementation
- Develop multi-channel journeys based on an in-depth knowledge of donor segments and applying messages at the individual level
- Research and manage cross-Foundation opportunities with regard to package themes, content and incremental revenue generating opportunities
- Oversight of internal production and external vendors to ensure flawless and cost-effective execution
Data and Analytics
- In partnership with internal and external analytics partners monitor and report on the performance (revenue and expenses) of the campaigns and annual plan
- Lead regular of reporting of donor performance and health - ensures a strong mix of tactical and broader reference analysis and reporting
- Lead the reporting of individual campaigns and tactics both for the short-term and the longer-term impact on donor behavior
- In conjunction with analytics staff and vendors design and build tests that are statistically significant, measurable, and replicable
- Using data-fueled insights continuously work to understand and adapt to changing donor needs and interplay of campaigns within a complex structure
- Regular, consistent and clear briefing and coordination with Analytics staff
- Research and disseminate learnings on competitive market trends in direct response fundraising;
- With a deep understanding of donor data and databases work as an advocate to ensure data cleanliness and accessibility
Internal Stakeholder Relationships & Vendor Management
- Build, manage and sustain the internal and external business relationships necessary to support the programs’ objectives
- Source and negotiate contracts with vendors
- Regular vendor performance reviews
- Works across the organization to keep informed of other Foundation programs and activities to identify opportunities for integration and revenue growth
- Regular reporting and updates to Director and peers
- Lead talent development, ensuring high standards, competence and that staff is well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential
- Providing clear direction on business goals and priorities; ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Ensure that cohesive lateral relationships cross functionally are built and developed
- Establish performance plan and objectives and review on an ongoing basis; provide coaching and feedback as per the performance management process
- As required, recruit skilled talent in support of current and future Foundation needs, following Foundation policies, interviewing methodology and assessment guidelines
- Familiarize and comply with all HSF policies while ensuring accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, title, etc.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will be/possess:
- Minimum 7-10 years of online and offline fundraising experience required preferably in the area(s) of monthly and/or mid-level giving
- Experienced building complex customer journeys
- Excellent People management experience, including managing remote staff
- Solid experience and understanding of multichannel integrated marketing including mail, email and digital
- Experience managing the creative development process
- Very strong fundraising preferably in a national organization
- Ability to build and maintain a high performing team
- Understanding of customer segmentation and strategic planning based on ongoing data-based analytics
- Knowledge of techniques required to grow a database or customer file
- Strong editing, creative and/or copy skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or comparable email platform and BlackBaud CRM
- Knowledge of google analytics
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communications skills and proficiency with French language an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or communications
If you are someone who is looking for an outstanding challenge, working with a great team for a uniquely focused and successful organization then what are you waiting for? Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications are due no later than Monday, December 16th, 2019. Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.