Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, professional, out-going and results oriented Development Officer, Events to join our high-performing Community Engagement and Events team. This is a 21 month contract position during a maternity leave. Contract to begin approximately mid-February 2020 to November, 2021.
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
For over a century, Women’s College Hospital (WCH) has been at the forefront of closing health gaps for women and their loved ones. Founded in 1883 as Woman’s Medical College, Women’s College Hospital (WCH) became the first hospital in Canada where women could study and practice medicine. Today WCH is a world leader in revolutionizing healthcare for women and advancing health system solutions for all.
At Women’s College Hospital Foundation, we are dedicated to working together with donors, patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and community members to advance the mission of Women’s College Hospital to revolutionize healthcare. In partnership with the diverse communities in which we live and serve, together we are creating a healthier and more equitable world for women and their loved ones as we confront gender and social inequities that threaten people’s health, bring virtual care into the mainstream and provide health system solutions that close health gaps for all.
Respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are, and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. We are committed to building life-long relationships with our communities to support and fund innovation, research and relationship-centred care at Women’s College Hospital in order to create a healthier, more equitable world for everyone.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art fully ambulatory facility – in fall 2015.
The opening of our new facility amplified our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and health equity.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
Reporting to the Manager, Community & Signature Events, you manage the Foundation’s third party events program, from solicitation through to stewardship, to grow unrestricted revenue for the Foundation and increase our community engagement and awareness. The third party program is a relatively new program with tremendous opportunity for growth. A team player, your keen attention to detail, effective time management and organization skills, along with your enthusiasm for supporting engaging and successful events and passion for Women’s will contribute to the achievement of the Foundation’s revenue and activity targets. This position includes evening and weekend work. In addition, this role serves an important function within the Foundation by providing support to many stewardship and cultivation events, ensuring our brand and mission experience are well received.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Community Third Party Event Program (60%)
- Development of third party event program, including:
- Active solicitation of third party events through outreach to the community
- Meeting with community organizations and providing tours and information about WCH
- Working with third party events to create fundraising sites using Luminate TeamRaiser
- Administrative support of third party event organizers
- Attending and speaking at third party events on behalf of WCH
- Provide event support and excellent customer service consultation for external donor groups
- Stewardship management of third party event program and ambassadors
Special Events Management (40%)
- In collaboration with other Foundation staff, serve as a project manager to effectively manage the internal event planning process for various stewardship or cultivation events, including goal setting, timelines and critical path; and ensuring successful implementation of the plan
- Compile estimates of expenses for each event and provide revisions (with explanations) as event details change
- Monitor event expense budgets, keeping team updated on all aspects of event costs
- On-site event management - executing each event to a high standard including the use of volunteers as required
Provide lead day-of event support, including evening and weekend events
Lead the event evaluation process and prepares the final event report if needed
Event volunteer recruitment, training and management for signature events
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Experience building out a third party events program, including a proven history of meeting revenue targets
- Minimum two – three years paid events experience with a track record of managing successful events
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience working with Luminate and TeamRaiser would be an asset
Ability to positively interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with donors and leadership members
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Comprehensive understanding of budget management
Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when working with donors and volunteers
- Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position, such as a willingness and capacity to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as required
Valid driver’s license is a preferred asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations by Friday, December 20, 2019. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we will be interviewing as we receive resumes. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations.
To submit your application, please CLICK HERE, and click on the "I am Interested" button at the bottom of the page.