Humber River Hospital Foundation
Coordinator, Signature & Partnership Events
As a key member of the Annual, Donor Relations and Marketing team, the Coordinator, Signature & Partnership Events is responsible for coordinating and implementing the logistics, execution and production of the Foundation’s Signature events. The position monitors timelines, event implementation and builds relationships with external suppliers to ensure best service and pricing. The Coordinator builds relationships to support event committees and also works with sponsors to successfully implement sponsorship fulfillment, provide excellent customer service and steward these relationships.
Manager, Signature & Partnership Events
Signature Events: 50%
- Effectively monitor project timelines to ensure event execution remains on schedule, resources managed efficiently and on budget
- Support event implementation success exceeding guest and sponsor expectations
- In conjunction with the Manager, conduct research, make site visits and find resources to make informed decisions about event opportunities
- Serve as the liaison with vendors on event-related matters and manage supplier relationships to ensure exceptional quality, budget and delivery timing objectives are met
- Coordinate and execute all logistical elements of signature events including data requirements, invitations, RSVPs, participant registration, room layout, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, décor, signage, raffle requirements, volunteers, auction items, collection and reconciliation of payments and thank you letters
- Update marketing pieces related to events including registration forms, guest information, forms, one-pagers, auction request letters, etc.
- In collaboration with the Digital Media Specialist, create, schedule and deploy all pre-event digital marketing pieces including, but not limited to social media posts, mail chimp e-blasts and internal Hospital communications
- Support the planning and execution of launch or promotional events tied to signature events such as launch and closing dinners, gala launch events, etc.
- Lead on-site production and tear down for Signature events
- Continuously assess and make recommendations to improve event planning, execution processes and outcomes
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to create and update donor records as well as record event-related information and data including participant registration, sponsorships, gift-in-kind, auction items and attendance
Sponsorship, Stewardship and Relationship Management: 40%
- Build relationships with committee members to provide sales support, and gather feedback as required for event development and implementation
- Liaise with committee members and event chairs to provide event updates as they come and supporting material they require including request letters and custom packages
- Prepare event committee meeting materials and attend event committee meetings to record minutes. Provide timely customer service and support to sponsors and committee members
- Ensure that systems and processes are in place to provide superior customer service to both internal and external stakeholders including participants/attendees, sponsors, suppliers, volunteers and staff
- Support the creation of all post-event stewardship material including thank you letters and fulfillment packages
Giving Circles and Development Support: 10%
- Support initiatives related to Foundation giving circles: WINK and Young Professionals
- Attend planning meetings and take detailed notes
- Lead event logistics including invitations, RSVPs, participant registration, room layout, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, décor, signage and other details
- Provide supporting material for signature events upon request including customized sponsorship packages and letter
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent administrative skills including solid working experience using relevant technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MailChimp and fundraising software
- Experience with Raisin program or website design, specifically Content Management Systems, considered an asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from different sources enhanced by problem solving capabilities
- Strong customer service oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Strong attention to details and the ability to multitask, use good judgment and decision making during high-level, event-intense implementation periods
- 2-3 years fundraising event and marketing experience and in the not-for-profit sector with demonstrated success in this area
- Related education an asset
- Experience using fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings. Other duties as required
Job Posting Closes: December 27, 2019
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.