SENIOR MANAGER - PHILANTHROPY
18 MONTH CONTRACT POSITION
Client & Family-Centred Care Is At The Heart of Everything We Do At Lumacare! Lumacare believes Client and Family-Centred Care is based on a philosophy of care, treatment and support that empowers Clients to be active and knowledgeable partners in their health care. Whether you join Lumacare in a client facing role, in a leadership capacity, or in a support position, it is essential that every member of our team is passionate about promoting and protecting Client and Family-Centred Care.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Manager, Philanthropy will envision and build Lumacare’s Philanthropy program and department to achieve Lumacare’s strategic objectives!
Your role would involve:
Fund Development and Event Coordination
- Organize and implement fundraising opportunities and events for organization.
- Implement, track, and follow up on annual, sponsorships, planned giving, other giving campaigns, and other department initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of donor stewardship throughout the full life-cycle of giving, from donor identification, making the ask, securing gifts, and ongoing support and recognition of donors.
- Coordinate the timely dispatch of acknowledgement letters for financial and in-kind donations.
- Oversees gift acceptance.
- Research and write grants; provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required with grant awards.
- Coordinate data base use and management for donor records and acknowledgements.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy to support elevated brand awareness, driving an internal and external culture of philanthropy.
- Manage Lumacare website messaging, its content, and interactive use.
- Create, maintain, and apply best practices and policies for online and print communications.
- Implement social networking and marketing strategies to increase visibility of Lumacare.
- Leads, manages and monitors the contributions and effectiveness of Marketing and Communications Coordinator and a Special Events Coordinator.
- Actively assesses and develops talent within the team, ensuring staff have the training, tools and resources to meet performance standards.
Board of Directors Support
- Staff liaison for the Fund Development sub-committee of the Board of Directors.
- Prepare reports, statistics, and other documents, and provide general support as needed for executive management, the Resource Development and Marketing Committees, and the Boards of Directors.
- Help with board member events/materials/communication.
- Ensure confidentiality of all privileged and proprietary Lumacare information.
What we’re looking for:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma required, ideally in fundraising management.
- Certified Fundraising Executive designation required (CFRE).
- 5-7 years’ experience leading fund development, with a minimum of 3-5 years at a department leadership level.
- Must have active AFP membership, expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in major-gifts giving and solicitation and fundraising campaigns with proven success in asking for and closing planned giving, major gifts and capital campaigns.
- Proven success in writing and securing grants.
- Leadership/Management certificates/courses an asset.
- Understanding of the Community Support Services Sector dynamics and health care for older adults is definitely an asset.
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including public speaking, presentation abilities and grant writing.
- Function well in an environment with specific and measured targets.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills.
- Disciplined and patient approach to fundraising.
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office.
- Passionate about continuous learning.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of different teams and cultures.
- A Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
If you are ready to embark on this journey with us and join the continued growth and success of this organization, this may be the opportunity for you...
Lumacare is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, aboriginal persons and people who identify themselves as LGBT. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Please send your cover letter and resume by regular or electronic mail, please mail to:
155 Deerhide Avenue
North York, ON M9M 2Z2
Phone: 416-398-0258 ext. 237
Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lumacare will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.