Posted On: 2020-01-03
Closing On: 2020-01-19
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Development Coordinator, Philanthropy
Do you see yourself in an organization which plays a key role in caring for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where strategy, research, problem solving and team work frame your day to day activities? Are you a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person whose work ultimately drives the success of an entire organization? Do you want to work on team who makes a difference to the lives of over half a million Torontonians?
If you said yes to these, then North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and destination for philanthropy. At North York General Foundation, our team of creative and dedicated professionals support raising and stewarding funds for our incredible Hospital. Building on the success of our $150M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are driving towards the future, planning and investing in programs and infrastructure that will transform how our Hospital delivers exceptional care to our growing community.
The Development Coordinator plays a critical role in supporting major, prospective, mid-level, corporate, community, third party and planned gift activity involving identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors to the Philanthropy team. The Development Coordinator operates within a framework of effective time management while managing calendars and providing required meeting material and support. Tasked with balancing prospect coordination, proposal assembly, and tracking moves management in Raiser’s Edge, the Development Coordinator is a focal point for revenue activity managed by the Philanthropy team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Philanthropy team with all donor activity through efficient coordination of prospect identification, qualification and cultivation procedures
- Provide all administrative support for the Philanthropy team including Major Gifts, Prospective Major Gifts, Corporate & Community Engagement and Third Party portfolios
- Administrative lead for internal prospect strategy and revenue generating meetings; including meeting scheduling, minutes and action reporting
- Write and prepare all donor meeting materials inclusive of briefing notes, agendas, minutes including the Development Committee
- Support and coordinate with the Donor Relations team, all elements of the Major and Planned Gift stewardship cultivation events and tours
- Ensure Philanthropy team’s prospect and revenue pipeline information is accurate
- Using Raiser’s Edge data management system, prepare queries, record donor activity (e.g. call reports, tracking next steps) and provide regular reports (financial, prospect pipeline) as required
- Provide administrative support for the Staff Lottery
- Provide front desk support as needed
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Strong administrative, analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive approach to managing work load
- Advanced interpersonal and donor relations skills to interface donors, volunteers and Hospital staff
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using Raiser’s Edge, including data entry, generating queries, and adherence to coding protocols. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Mailchimp
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, within a multi-disciplinary team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent in related area
- 2-4 years of related experience in a fundraising and/or major gift environment
We offer a comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a professional working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that has been recognized as the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by January 19, 2020 at 4pm. Please reference “Development Coordinator, Philanthropy” in the subject line.