Posted On: 2020-01-06
Closing On: 2020-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Donor Relations Officer
Are you who we’re looking for?
Are you an effective relationship builder? Creative? Detail oriented? Incredibly organized? A ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person? Do you wake up in the morning wanting to make a difference? Are you passionate about health care philanthropy and people? If you said yes to these, North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, North York General is a care-hub for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and destination for philanthropy.
At North York General Foundation, our team of creative and dedicated professionals supports raising and stewarding funds for our incredible hospital. Building on the unprecedented success to-date of our $180M Campaign for North York General, we are driving towards the future, planning and investing in programs and infrastructure that will transform how our hospital delivers exceptional care to our growing community.
We are looking for a strategic, organized and social individual who can deliver impactful donor stewardship and cultivation events on both annual and customised basis. He/she will be the key contact for many of our donors and will oversee the donor reporting cycle.
Reporting to the Director Donor Relations & Events, the Donor Relations Officer will play a key role in the management or coordination of: donor reports and communications, donor-funded awards, door recognition and recognition events. The incumbent will manage his/her own portfolio of donors and support the Philanthropy staff in their stewardship needs.
Working with the Director, the incumbent will have the opportunity to explore new strategies for donor engagement and events, identifying new recognition opportunities across our multisite campus, and improving communications and reporting protocols for optimal donor impact.
- Track stewardship activities in Raiser’s Edge
- Execute and maintain current recognition processes
- Implement existing protocols related to donor reporting (individual and project updates)
- Plan and implement annual donor stewardship events and customized recognition events
- Assist with donor meeting briefing notes
- Initiate donor upgrade strategy to drive revenue through the identification of donors on the threshold of higher recognition levels
- Manage and steward the donor-funded educational awards. This includes participating in award selection committees and donor reporting
- Work with Philanthropy Team to increase existing award values
- Support Philanthropy Team in preparing Gift Agreements
- Review and manage the Endowment Reporting Program to ensure receipt of reports in a timely manner
- Proactively engage and build relationships with donors, volunteers and hospital representatives to further donor relations activities, communicating with donors in a way that resonates and works for them
- Working with the MARCOM team, manage and execute key donor mailings, communications through digital and traditional means
- Initiate regular donor surveys to drive communications strategies
- Review donor relations policies and ensure adherence to said policies
- Recommend changes, use of technology and other improvements to enhance effective donor relations
- University Degree or related education, with a minimum 3-5 years of progressive donor relations and stewardship experience, preferably in a health care or education setting or complex non-profit environment
- Clear understanding of the fundraising cycle and have demonstrated capacity to enhance current stewardship program
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills
- Event strategy, management and execution
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skill to supporting working under pressure, handling competing deadlines and responding promptly to a variety of requests
- Organized, detail oriented and with exceptional follow-through
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency in the collection, exception reporting, analysis, interpretation and evaluation of information within the framework of the Raisers Edge database
- The ideal candidate will possess a great interest in being involved in developing and evolving systems around Raiser's Edge and Donor Relations
- Strong command of Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows)
We offer a comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a professional and balanced working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that represents excellence in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by January 20, 2020. Please reference “Donor Relations Officer” in the subject line.