Posted On: 2020-01-06
Closing On: 2020-02-07
Location: Milton, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Type: Full-time,18-Month contract with potential to become permanent
Location: 5657 15th Side Road, Milton, ON
Reports To: Director of Development
As Canada’s only paediatric organization providing respite, residential and hospice services, our mission is to improve the lives of children with medical complexity and their families. We do this by providing essential programs and services to enrich the lives of children day-to-day and help them reach their full potential.
Built on 77 acres on the Niagara Escarpment, The Darling Home for Kids is a unique home-like environment nested in nature, with many medical amenities found in a hospital. Our organization focuses its service provision on children who require intensive nursing support on a daily basis for survival, with a healthcare team that includes Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Personal Support Workers and physician support.
What we need.
We are a small team, connected by a common goal to dream big and create possibilities. The Darling Home for Kids is heading into an exciting time as we endeavour to expand our Home, allowing us to help more children with medical complexities and their families. We need a Development Officer to help bring in the funds needed to make our expansion dreams a reality. He/she will be a seasoned fundraising professional, comfortable working with all types and levels of donors, and capable of soliciting gifts at the $5k-$25k+ level.
- Maintain a personal pipeline of corporate, individual and foundation donors ranging from $5k-$25k+.
- Support senior leadership in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects at $25k+.
- Research, identify and track capital campaign prospects.
- Write compelling and detail-focused grant applications in support of campaign.
- Develop donor-facing materials and resources as they relate to the campaign, including proposals, campaign updates, stewardship reports, etc.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with donors and stakeholders, ensuring timely communication and robust stewardship.
- Serve as the central point person for all campaign activities.
- Ensure campaign milestones are met, and track and report on campaign activities to key stakeholders.
- Ensures accuracy and accessibility of donor information in action tracking and CRM database, completing data entry and updating donor and prospect records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of direct fundraising experience. Experience working on a capital campaign considered an asset.
- Well-versed in the donor life cycle, able to implement targeted activities for different donor types and giving levels.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey a compelling story to the community at large.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple priorities, while meeting established goals and deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship skills coupled with professionalism and poise.
- Computer proficiency with a working knowledge of social media applications and donor management database software.
- Demonstrated integrity and a commitment to the AFP code of ethical principles.
- Flexibility to attend evening/weekend events as required.
- Unlimited access to a reliable vehicle and a valid Driver’s License.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for this position and you want to make a difference in the lives of children and families, send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits, please. The Darling Home for Kids is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate all applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process.