Posted On: 2020-01-08
Closing On: 2020-02-07
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The RTO/ERO Foundation is seeking an experienced fundraising professional for a newly created role as Development Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, this is a hybrid role for an individual with a track record in revenue generation who also has strong skills in the area of marketing and communications.
Core responsibilities for the new Development Manager are to bring structure to the Foundation’s fundraising efforts and to grow revenue significantly and sustainably. The successful candidate will have a record of success in resource development in the non-profit sector, excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Additional marketing responsibilities include the management of all communications plans and activities, and helping to build external relationships with the organization's various audiences and constituencies, including RTO members, corporate partners, the media and the general public.
- Assist in the development of an annual fundraising plan and lead its implementation
- Develop and implement multi-channel campaigns across the donor journey – including acquisition, repeat giving, upgrading, retention, annual giving, onboarding, mid-level, monthly, legacy/planned giving and major gifts
- Work with the Manager of Donor Relations and help coordinate stewardship program
- Track, measure and analyze fundraising and communication results
- Help solicit and secure corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving
- Oversee internal production and external vendors to ensure flawless and cost-effective execution of direct mail and digital campaigns
- Manage the development of print and digital content within the RTO member network, including articles, ads and other messaging in RTO member-facing materials and collateral
- Manage the design and content development for the Foundation’s quarterly newsletter
- Manage Foundation website, including a full redevelopment in early 2020
- Manage the Foundation’s webinar program (4-8 webinars per year)
- Develop a plan to translate information from our grantees into sharable content
- Post-Secondary degree in Fundraising, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience working in a professional fundraising role in the non-profit and/or education and/or health care sector
- Experience developing and implementing fundraising strategies
- Knowledge of principles and techniques related to donor acquisition & retention, major gift fundraising, monthly & intermediate giving, planned giving and corporate fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to achieve ambitious fundraising goals
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently managing multiple projects and timelines
- Experience working with CRM databases is an asset
- Professional polish, outgoing personality, and ability to build relationships easily
- Proficiency with social media platforms and other communications tools
Who we are
The RTO/ERO Foundation is the philanthropic partner of the Retired Teachers of Ontario; a professional association with 80,000 members.
Our mission is to fund research and invest in innovative programs to support healthy, active aging; with a special focus on helping end social isolation among older adults. Established in 2011, we were inspired by our members’ desire to improve the quality of life for our older family, friends, neighbours and selves.
The RTO/ERO Foundation plays a pivotal role in advancing aging-related research and education; and in facilitating community action to enhance the quality of life for aging adults. More specifically, we focus our funding efforts on the training of health care professionals, and partnering with researchers related to geriatrics and gerontology.
The RTO/ERO Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion, which includes a work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
According to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) The RTO/ERO Foundation will endeavour to remove any barriers to recruitment, selection and hiring processes and will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities upon individual request.
Thank you for your interest in joining The RTO/ERO Foundation. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates can forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.